DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad video, Is it me?

Double Check and make sure you are using a Class 10 SD card that supports high data transfer rates.

I would consider removing that DJI logo from the videos unless you have specific permission to use it.

Double Check and make sure you are using a Class 10 SD card that supports high data transfer rates.

I would consider removing that DJI logo from the videos unless you have specific permission to use it.

On that video I was using the card that came in the mavic. Not sure how to get the logo off as I sent it to you tube from my djigo4 app

Try flying in cinematic or tripod mode to slow down the stick response. What are your settings? ISO, SS, frame rate, ND filter? How fast are you flying? Have you reformatted the SD card in the drone? I think the rapid yaw motion is happening too fast for the gimbal to keep up so you get that jumpy look when it yaws quickly.

Reactions: frankiez
On that video I was using the card that came in the mavic. Not sure how to get the logo off as I sent it to you tube from my djigo4 app
You say the video came from the DJI Go app. Were you using the video cached to your phone in the app or did you transfer it from the microSD card first?

Reactions: FireChiefBob
I just watch one of my videos that I posted on you tube and its doing the same as yours. I have 4 on you tube red under Glenn Sjoerdsma. So I went back in my files and watch before i posted it. It looks awesome, so that tells me something happen in the transfer over to you tube

I am not sure , where I pulled it from. I know I put the SD card in my crystal sky. I then did the whole link the phone to the tablet thing and sent it to you tube.

Do you mean you have a microSD card in the Crystal Sky and that’s where the video came from, or you took the microSD card out of your Mavic, put it in the CS and transferred the video off of that card?

If the former, that’s your problem. You’re seeing the lower quality video that is sent back to the CS via radio. The video recorded directly to the microSD card in the Mavic is much higher quality.

Watch your video before you posted on you tube, hows it look. I went from drone to my pc to you tube using card that came with drone. Video before I posted on you tube looks great. After looks just like yours

Last edited:

If I'm not mistaken, the default resolution on the DJI Go4 app is 720p. I would consider a change to different rendering software, like Resolve 15 (-free), and while there's a learning curve, you'll be infinitely more satisfied with the end results. The Mavic Pro is capable of crazy sharp images, but you must have it set up correctly. My video settings are:
Manual mode
ISO 100 -200 for best images (-use lowest ISO possible) ND filters almost always to get the proper 1:2 ratio
Shutter to around 60 (-should not be more than twice the frame rate)
Set white balance for ambient conditions (-Plenty of Youtube videos to show you how)
Set 4k/24 fps (4096x2160 (2.7k is great too)

Now for your jerky remote responses:

Go to ADVANCED, then EXP to adjust sensitivities
Throttle down - 0.25
Rudder Left - 0.20
Backward/Left - 0.25

Sensitivity
Attitude (-how aggressive it reacts to control input) = 100
Brake - 130
Yaw Endpoint - (left/right rotation limit) - 50
Urgent Stop Mode = DON'T set to "always", set to "Breakdown"

Gimbal Settings (-the camera icon)
Gimbal Tilt Limit - OFF
Gimbal start/stop buffer - 18
Gimbal Pitch EXP - 23
Gimbal Taw settings - ON
Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow - ON

These will smooth things out for you, and you can tweak from there. Everyone's different.

And don't film the thing downward only. Hard to watch. Our brains need context etc. There's a million videos online on framing shots with drones Tilt up slightly and it wouldn't make me feel nauseated the tips already provided will help gimbal speeds etc.

Your shutter speed may be too fast for the video. It should not be faster than twice the frame rate. To slow the shutter down when it is bright out, you should us an ND filter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329