DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Balls of Steel !

DanCarpy

Reactions
Just come across this on youtube and its something ive always wondered if it was possible. Very lucky IMO but very cool.

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
Old news. Sorry to burst your bubble. We asked the guy for the flight log, but he never got around to it, and it's probably deleted now.

The video on youtube was published 2 weeks ago.

I remember someone trying this with the P3 and it crashed and burned even from max altitude.

Interesting the way it tumbles off to one side probably due to the shape of it.

Old news. Sorry to burst your bubble. We asked the guy for the flight log, but he never got around to it, and it's probably deleted now.

No bubble burst, just thought I'd share for people who hadn't seen it. Still cool though

The video on youtube was published 2 weeks ago.

I remember someone trying this with the P3 and it crashed and burned even from max altitude.

Interesting the way it tumbles off to one side probably due to the shape of it.

It was a windy day judging by the mic wind noise he apologises for in the video so maybe that had something to do with it ?

Could be, one thing I would not try this with mine !

Actually, its entirely possible..

just have to fly very very high so you have time to "restart" the Mavic on its way down

I think you would have to be very quick, the timing involved would be critical, as I said they tried with P3 from 500m and failed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD