DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Baton Rouge

MPone

Reactions

Baton Rouge is the capital city of the U.S. state of Louisiana. On the eastern bank of the Mississippi River, it is the parish seat of East Baton Rouge Parish, the most-populous parish in Louisiana. In French "Baton Rouge" literally means "red stick", which is a reference to a post placed as a boundary marker for the settlement.

From just about 500 river miles north of you in Memphis, this is great footage! Thanks for the great shots of your city!

I'm sure some of those barges passed within about 500 feet of where we live right on the bank of the mighty Mississippi. You may want to look for the new, beautiful cruise ship, the American Jazz which will be spending this summer cruising from Memphis to New Orleans with a stop in Baton Rouge. I saw her here last weekend and she's unlike anything cruising on the Mississippi - she looks like a cruise ship rather than a river boat. I'll try to get some shots of her in a couple of weeks when she's back here!

thanks for sharing!
Chris

Reactions: MPone
Hi MPhone,
nice overview of the hugh Missisippi! The steamer is amazing! Did you have no qualms about flying over the warship??
In Germany the police would have come within five minutes!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the video!
cheers Paul

Reactions: MPone
From just about 500 river miles north of you in Memphis, this is great footage! Thanks for the great shots of your city!

I'm sure some of those barges passed within about 500 feet of where we live right on the bank of the mighty Mississippi. You may want to look for the new, beautiful cruise ship, the American Jazz which will be spending this summer cruising from Memphis to New Orleans with a stop in Baton Rouge. I saw her here last weekend and she's unlike anything cruising on the Mississippi - she looks like a cruise ship rather than a river boat. I'll try to get some shots of her in a couple of weeks when she's back here!

thanks for sharing!
Chris

Thanks but I don't live here. Just passing by returning to Florida. I used to work in Memphis - love the juicy dry porky ribs. I did enjoy the river walk park very much. Interesting boat the American Jazz.
1617198406352.png

Reactions: chanson
Hi MPhone,
nice overview of the hugh Missisippi! The steamer is amazing! Did you have no qualms about flying over the warship??
In Germany the police would have come within five minutes!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the video!
cheers Paul
Hi Jack
That war ship USS Kidd DD-661 is already decommissioned and it is now a museum display.