DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

batteries overheating and melting plastic? M2 & now dropped from the sky

GZ4

Reactions
i have 3 batteries, two of them looks like this at the connections, so opened a case with DJI to replace them.

IMG_20200429_094607.jpg

My third battery is new so should be a problem right? drone fell from the sky today.:oops:
IMG_20200430_084543_01.jpg

thank god for dji care, but wondering if anyone having this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_094607.jpg
    IMG_20200429_094607.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20200430_084543_01.jpg
    IMG_20200430_084543_01.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Would be interesting to find the battery manufactured dates.
Maybe that's on the batteries, or maybe you have to check out via the serial numbers.
There was a bad batch(es)batteries in 2018 apparently, but even now still we see swelling in flight and batteries popping.

Might pay to get a suitable velcro strap to put around the new setup, it stops them from ejecting at least.
Keep an eye on the swelling.

If you haven't already seen threads here, search here on the forum, say terms like > M2 battery swelling eject
Most of these posts will be in the this crash section of the forum.

Battery didnt come off, matter fact was still on the drone when it landed on the floor.

Is the connections from battery to drone which are overheating and melting making a disconnect dropping the drone from the sky.

Yep, that's different, I had read DJI are replacing, that's good.
So to get that, you sent the drone in ?
I can't imagine they would have said they are replacing without inspecting the drone ?

There is obviously a power connection issue to cause such a short, haven't ever seen anything like that in the forums here though.

Would be interesting to find the battery manufactured dates.
Maybe that's on the batteries, or maybe you have to check out via the serial numbers.
There was a bad batch(es)batteries in 2018 apparently, but even now still we see swelling in flight and batteries popping.
You can check in the settings of DJI Go 4 app in the batteries section and it will tell you month and year build date.

It’s completely possible the battery swelled slightly, causing the battery to lift but not actually disengage the safety latches, producing a gap at the battery terminal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu