DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Cycles?

Texas Mavic

Reactions
How many charging cycles can I expect out of my Mavic Pro batteries before it’s time to replace? Thanks!!!

DJI warranty states 6 months, and "less than" 200 charge cycles...
But if take reeeeeally good care of your batteries, don't run then down to zero, you should be good and achieve at least that.
Just watch the cells voltages, and you'll know when it's time to retire the battery to some other use that is not fighting gravity...

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Awesome thanks!! I am at about 50-60 cycles and I was worried that was close to the limit.

Your GO4 app won’t let the bird start if there is a cell shorted anyhow. No worries of flying with a bad battery, it’s smart enough to know and check the battery at start up.
Unfortunately, I’ve had that happen with a MP1 battery. I have 5 batteries that I cycle through in the same manner, keep them stored correctly, but after 26 cycles, one took a crap.
Like Flycaster mentioned, you can use the bad battery for other uses besides flying. It works great for charging the iPad/iPhone.

How do you use Mavic Battery to charge phone

1f8ea2b7e2fe839600beddb9e16dbd47.jpg

2492409f9829efeb8a57e89e1d2649e4.jpg

Reactions: Flycaster
Just had a 2year old battery with about 50 cycles on it that has been kept to DJI recommendations start to puff so I’ve replaced it. The choice between losing a £60 battery and £850 drone is really a no brainier!

Reactions: alopeznj
OEM Batteries for Mavic Pro are harder to find in USA. Im worried about third party batteries. Anyone try those ?

PowerExtra were reputable. Haven't heard much about them lately though. Perhaps they can't reverse engineer the battery manager anymore.

The PowerExtra is ok. I possess two of them though I incline to use the OEM ones mostly due to the higher internal temperature (about 8-10C higher than OEM after about 20 minutes of flying). The PowerExtra battteries don't cause trouble and yield about the same amount of fly time duration overall. Just that higher than the OEM temperature does not make me feel ease.
I have about 60+ cycles on the PE batteries.
Fly safe.

The PowerExtra is ok. I possess two of them though I incline to use the OEM ones mostly due to the higher internal temperature (about 8-10C higher than OEM after about 20 minutes of flying). The PowerExtra battteries don't cause trouble and yield about the same amount of fly time duration overall. Just that higher than the OEM temperature does not make me feel ease.
I have about 60+ cycles on the PE batteries.
Fly safe.
The temperature difference could be down to many things. A difference in the signal from the sensor, its placement in the battery cell or casing. I’d check the external temperature of both OEM and aftermarket batteries using an external thermometer.

The temperature difference could be down to many things. A difference in the signal from the sensor, its placement in the battery cell or casing. I’d check the external temperature of both OEM and aftermarket batteries using an external thermometer.
Let me clarify here. The results that I mentioned above were performed under the same condition at about the same time back to back. The ambient temperature was stable. I even went to the extent of testing them in hovering mode to confirm the differences in temperatures. Trust me or please do your own tests and tell us otherwise.
Thank you.

But how were you determining the battery temps? What bossbob was getting at was if you were relying on the app telling you the temperature, it's possible the temp sensor or BMS in the PE battery is not giving the AC the correct temp.

He suggested using an IR thermometer to measure battery case temps.

I read the temp from the GO4->Aircraft Battery->Temperature if that's what you meant the app.

That's viewing the reported temperature, which could be wrong. It was suggested using an infrared instant read thermometer to verify. IR will read lower since you're reading case temperature whereas the OEM battery's own sensor is attached to the edge of one of the cells.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB