DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery degradation during indoor flight

matteolugli

Reactions
Hi everyone,
a couple of days ago I had my first indoor flight with my Mavic Pro Platinum

I was inside a church and I mounted a plastic propeller protection to reduce the risk of damages
All the flights were taken without GPS and the temperature was about 14°C (57°F)

I took something like 40 shots every flight, but the batteries became quickly exhausted after only 14/15 minutes…
It sounds quite strange because all the batteries were charged at 100% and I usuallly fly for over 20/21 mins

Have anyone experienced the same degradation when flying indoor?

Thank you in advance

Matteo

Indoors/outdoors should make no difference to the batteries. What does make a difference is the type of flying done. I am guessing you did a fair amount of hovering and strangely enough you will get more flight time if you have some motion involved. Probably has to do with holding stationary in a downward flowing column of air.

Prop guards are notorious for eating the battery on the Mavic. Maybe that's why there is a setting for your bird with/or without the prop gaurds...

Reactions: Thomas B
Prop guards are notorious for eating the battery on the Mavic. Maybe that's why there is a setting for your bird with/or without the prop gaurds...
I think the Go 4 setting you are referring to are for the propeller cages, not prop guards. The cages have screens on them that affect flight and power use where the guards have much less effect.

Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk