DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery discoloration line?

bill1992

Reactions
a910426fe7345431eadfa431df8d4636.jpg

Hi guys, sorry if this topic has already been covered but has anyone else noticed a slight discoloration line accross their batteries? It's accross all 3 of my batteries just to the left of the 4th indicator light. When I first saw it on one I thought maybe I'd sat the battery half in the sun and half in shade but then realized its on all 3 and this probably wasn't the case. Is this normal?

Cheers,
Bill.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Anything you can feel with your fingernail? Seems like a part of the plastic moulding process, and I wouldn't be alarmed at all. I don't see it on mine, maybe it's a batch-by-batch artifact.

However, some people HAVE reported minor denting along the left forward ridge line near the power button, and then micro-cracking expanding into rather noticeable cracks all around the button and lamp areas. If so, I would discontinue the use of the battery and submit photos to DJI.

Everything else of the batteries appears in tact, and the line doesn't seem to have any bumps of cracks. Hopefully it's purely a colour difference and nothing wrong. Thanks

Everything else of the batteries appears in tact, and the line doesn't seem to have any bumps of cracks. Hopefully it's purely a colour difference and nothing wrong. Thanks

I have three batteries and one of them is now warping slightly at the top..

They've not been mistreated (always in a soft bag) and not crashed; so I think the moulding might have some issues with the lipo battery (maybe it's expanding?)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There are quite a few topics across multiple forums on battery case cracking and discolouration. ..... i would report it to DJI as this may turn out to be an issue later when the battery warranty is up as i think the batteries only have a 3 month warranty ??

It's moulding marks many have them it's absolutely no issues it just they may be pulling some out the mould a little quick before they have fully cooled.

I think it's the blades touching them because on the bottom of the blades there's white paint

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mine have the same makings as well, but so far no issues or cracking.
I would keep an eye on them just to be sure it doesn't get any worse.
I only say this because there was no visual markings when I first got my Mavic. They started showing up after 5 flights on each battery. Make note, the markings are not because of the props. The props don't even come close to this part of the battery. One other OP posted a thread referring to the nose of the Mavic developing stress cracks. I can see a indication of this also being a possibility. Two little areas of the nose appear to have a raised area do to the molding process. It could be another weak point for others to pay attention to.

We I noted something similar in mu batteries. I thought it was my imagination

Injection molding. Get on Internet and you will better understand. All normal depending on who is doing the molding. Steel, plastic and a lot of heat is the mix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78