DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery disposal

Thomas Fields

Reactions
How do you advise disposing of bad LiPo batteries. I don't know of a battery disposal location near me.

This could be wrong but looks feasible, Just because its on the net doesn't say its true.

Prepare a plastic container (do not use metal) of cold water. And thoroughly mix in 1/2 cup of salt per gallon of water. Submerse the battery in the salt water. Leave it in the salty water solution for at least 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks remove the LiPo battery and wrap it in newspaper and place it in the household rubbish bin. They are landfill safe.

Reactions: Amarand
This could be wrong but looks feasible, Just because its on the net doesn't say its true.

Prepare a plastic container (do not use metal) of cold water. And thoroughly mix in 1/2 cup of salt per gallon of water. Submerse the battery in the salt water. Leave it in the salty water solution for at least 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks remove the LiPo battery and wrap it in newspaper and place it in the household rubbish bin. They are landfill safe.

Is that all DJI batteries? I have the Mavic Air.

If they are for Mavic, I would take them off your hands, just to experiment with. I would pay for shipping??

Batteries Plus takes dead batts. Can’t be cracked open or leaking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d