DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error

KevinT

Reactions
Hi - sorry if this subject has been posted before. I have the Mavic Pro bundle with 3 batteries. Only used them in 10-15 flights and one of batteries is showing battery error when connected. It flashes red lights on then mavic and won’t power up. All the firmware is up to date.

Is that just a faulty battery or is there anything I can do to fix.

Thanks. Kevin

Hi - sorry if this subject has been posted before. I have the Mavic Pro bundle with 3 batteries. Only used them in 10-15 flights and one of batteries is showing battery error when connected. It flashes red lights on then mavic and won’t power up. All the firmware is up to date.

Is that just a faulty battery or is there anything I can do to fix.

Thanks. Kevin

I'm guessing you tried recharging it, right? It doesn't show two red lights on the battery does it? In any case, the battery is warrantied for 6 months or 200 charges. Hit up DJI, I'm guessing they'll take care of you.

Oh as long as you're not using an aftermarket charger, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinT
I had the same problem as OP, but I connected to Assistant 2 and it automatically came up improper module detected. It asked to update?, and it worked! I was ready to send in to DJI for warranty too.
Check through your RC and see if the cells look even on voltage. I keep a log on all my batteries by checking the voltage every month. 15 batteries between all the drones is a lot of work![emoji38]

Thanks - yes it’s been fully recharged and it’s the back lights on the mavic flashing red with the RC display saying battery error. That’s a good point to contact DJI as it’s only had 10/15 recharges.

Thanks

That’s a lot of batteries! What is the process for connecting to assistant 2? As far as I see, everything is updated, firmware etc.

That’s a lot of batteries! What is the process for connecting to assistant 2? As far as I see, everything is updated, firmware etc.

Is it two lights as in the top and bottom lights? That's a software problem. Download DJI Assistant 2 to your computer, if you haven't. Connect the Mavic using a USB cable. Turn it on and the program will find it. Click on it and either it will tell you to update or check for updates manually. Back when I first got my drone, I tried to update the firmware in the field... Didn't work, never do that, btw, so I had a problem with the battery that was in the drone at the time. I was just about to send it back when I thought I'd try to hook it up to the computer. Assistant 2 fixed me right up and I've never had another problem.

Good luck!

The DJI Assistant 2 application can be downloaded from the Mavic downloads page.

If a battery update is available, the DJI Assistant 2 application will prompt you to install the update. There's no button to click to check for battery updates. You'll want to power up your Mavic with each battery installed since the firmware is installed on the battery itself.

The DJI Assistant 2 application can be downloaded from the Mavic downloads page.

If a battery update is available, the DJI Assistant 2 application will prompt you to install the update. There's no button to click to check for battery updates. You'll want to power up your Mavic with each battery installed since the firmware is installed on the battery itself.

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was prompted or not.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you tried recharging it, right? It doesn't show two red lights on the battery does it? In any case, the battery is warrantied for 6 months or 200 charges. Hit up DJI, I'm guessing they'll take care of you.

Oh as long as you're not using an aftermarket charger, that is.
That's is if you get any response from them. They have only got good customer response if your buying.

Reactions: Studoo and KevinT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn