DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery failed - no lights

cfr

Reactions
I flew my Mavic Pro about two weeks ago for about 15 minutes. I don't recall the battery percentage on power off.

Fast forward two weeks. I take the Mavic Pro out of the case and it won't power up. Removed the battery, pushed the button, and no lights. Connected to charger. Nothing.

I have DJI Care. Called DJI. 1 month out of warranty (ugh!). They'll replace the battery for $79 if I return the whole thing and count one strike against my DJI care (same as crashing the Mavic). Of course, this is crazy as I can buy a new battery for $80.

Before a begrudgingly buy a replacement, are there any other options I may have overlooked?

Thanks,
-Charles

After 15 minutes flying, It was pretty low. over the two weeks sitting, probably drained down to low and it died. Sorry.

I've been looking in here anticipating the purchase of a MP. I'm kind of surprised at the OP's experience with this battery. Are they this fragile?

I've been looking in here anticipating the purchase of a MP. I'm kind of surprised at the OP's experience with this battery. Are they this fragile?
Howdy from Wyoming Aldread, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folks and excellent information here. Have not had any issues with mine, however I have read of a few that have died or become unusable because of firmware quirks.

Reactions: Aldread
It's electronics, sometimes a battery goes bad. It happens.

just keep them charged or mostly charged. They are made to automatically discharged for a set number days, which you set in the GO4 app. default is 10 days, to an storage level, recommended to charge at least once a month to 50% when not being used. Been lots of discussions on batteries. just do a search.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23