DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery full charge and discharge

bill1992

Reactions
Hi, I had a quick search and couldn't find a straight answer. Can someone please tell me if this should actually be done (step 3)? I've seen comments where people say it's unnecessary, could it at all be detrimental, or do they mean unnecessary as in simply a waste of tine? Also, to do it fully, am I supposed to fly it until around say 5% or is it meaning use it as a USB power bank until the battery turns off as a 0%? Thanks in advance.
059f19051e4794e05086454f9038da97.jpg

There's a pretty good battery discussion here somewhere (and battery life and usage theory is an always contended topic)

Personally I'll fly to 20-30% provided I'm in a safer flight area in case 20 goes to 0 spontaneously... Then a full charge before I go to fly the next time

There's a pretty good battery discussion here somewhere (and battery life and usage theory is an always contended topic)

Personally I'll fly to 20-30% provided I'm in a safer flight area in case 20 goes to 0 spontaneously... Then a full charge before I go to fly the next time
Hi saloon, that's exactly what I do for everyday flying. Do you do a 3 month drain to 0%?

I actually think the number 3 is mainly applicable if the batteries are not being used at all. I would avoid discharging below 10% where possible.

No it is applicable in all cases to recalibrate the % gauge. It's actually more likely to lose calibration if you do more charge/discharge cycles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom