DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery led stays on after fully charged

jcarloacsay

Reactions
Guys this happened to today one my batteries. The led stayed on after fully charged. I have to turn it off manually

Don't panic this has come up on DJI forum and you can use it as normal- and most likely next charge it won't do it.
I've had one of three do it intermittently with no ill effect.
They suggest re-applying battery firmware might fix it but you'd have to go down then back up which seems too much trouble when it works normally anyway.

The last update didn't have battery firmware.
If you give each one time to be checked at start up it will detect if there's a mismatch.

Reactions: jcarloacsay
I turned it the mavic on with this battery. It does say 100% then I tried to charge it again for 30 min. The led lights up and blinking from led 1 to 4 like its charging it with no charge

Could it be that the LED staying on indicates that the battery is performing cell balancing? How does DJI indicate when balancing is in process? Yes I'm aware I can use the GO4 app to see battery cell voltages.

I turned it the mavic on with this battery. It does say 100% then I tried to charge it again for 30 min. The led lights up and blinking from led 1 to 4 like its charging it with no charge

It's not working as prescribed. Raise the support call with DJI. They may suggest some troubleshooting, and you should go through what they ask. Ultimately I wouldn't have faith in it, to put it in the air with this battery.

My guess is you'll be getting it replaced.

Reactions: jcarloacsay
I will call on Monday. I guess a few people are also having issues on the other thread in Mavic Duscssion

I have had that happen before, I took if off the charger, pressed the button twice to turn it on, turned it off and plugged it in again, it has behaved normally ever since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr