DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Life vs Orientation

Robert Granata

Reactions
I am planning a fairly long Litchi waypoint mission and I was wondering if the mavic uses up more battery when it is not pointed in the direction it is going? Just like in Course Lock, if you are flying on a set course and you pan the bird 90 degrees to the course, does flying in that orientation drain the battery faster than flying straight?

There should be virtually no impact on heading vs track; flying sideways or backwards is the same as flying forward. We don't have wings, we are a flying brick from all angles.

Reactions: YellowJacket
There should be virtually no impact on heading vs track; flying sideways or backwards is the same as flying forward. We don't have wings, we are a flying brick from all angles.
Thanks. That is kind of what I thought. It was just that I remember hearing early on that the mavic was most efficient flying forward at about 15mph as opposed to hovering and that it had to do with the propellers not being at the same height. Maybe they meant flying in any direction?

Never noticed more battery usage when flying sideways using Litchi... I really like Litchi really a nice product that helps with video production...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78