BATTERY STATUS ERROR during FLIGHT !!

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by KONY, Nov 28, 2016.

1. KONY

KONY Well-Known Member

Hi,

yesterday i decided to fly my MAVIC once again. Weather was great. But i noticed some strange things regarding the baterries.

first, i have to say that all 3 batteries were full (or almost full) at the time i decided to fly:

-First battery : all went nice, i flew around 20 minutes then landed.

-2nd battery : after some 5-7 minutes of flight a message appeared on the machine : "battery status error"...

i remember that post about how MAVIC can fall like a stone if battery has some weak cell so i was in high emergency to bring the MAVIC back and land it as soon as i saw this message. At the time of landing battery level was still around 60 %

Then i checked in battery menu but saw all battery cells being green and HEALTHY.

Still i didn't take any risk and put the 3rd battery...as soon as i took off with that new battery, same mesage appeared even though the menu showed healthy batteries and the battery being almost full... i had to land the drone again.

then what i did is i switched off the controller (which i had already done after first battery incident with no positive result) , switched off the drone, remove battery..insert it again....restarted everything , even the DJI GO APP.

Then everything was back to normal...no more "battery status error" message...

i was even able to use and "finish" the second battery which showed that alert message first...

anyone ever had this issue ?

what could be the reason ? (in case someone asks , yes i always switch off the drone before removing/replacing any battery and make sure it's well in place)

2. No1much

No1much Well-Known Member

Not sure about the reason, but my very carefully treated, only flown 6 times ever, never crashed Mavic... had a "battery error" with 56% of its battery remaining. When I called DJI support, the lady suggested I charge the battery to 100%, then let it discharge to 5% with the motors on and idling... twice.

Not sure if it worked, though (sending my Mavic in because of a defective gimbal too soon to tell about the battery).

3. KONY

KONY Well-Known Member

ok thanx for the tip, will try this with my batteries...didnt crash it yet and surely will try anything to avoid one

what was your gimbal defect btw