DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Because Forced Landing at 25% of battery?

It means your Mavic thought it was close to the ground and it thought you were trying to land since you had the throttle in the full down position. If you don't want your Mavic to assist in the landing process, then you must disable the "Landing Protection" setting.
Thank, i will do that at soon, but when I see the landing message in DJI GO 4 i do not push down the left stick, i flight normal with the right side stick push up to move forward.

Your flight log shows you moved the throttle stick to the full down position right before forced landing mode was initiated.

Your flight log shows you moved the throttle stick to the full down position right before forced landing mode was initiated.

So was happened that I push down the throttle stick without intention and the Mavic has induced to begin the landing mode at 136 feet of altitude?
Is possible.
Thank very much for your advices.
I apologize for my bad english Language, I'm italian. I did not mean to offend you, when I said "other opinions".

I understand now. The VPS sensors, for whatever reason, thought he was close to the ground. Could have been dirty sensors, moisture, leaves, a reflective surface and made it think it was that close to the ground and initiated landing. Once initiated landing it has to be canceled and cannot be canceled with just sticks correct.

I did not mean to offend you, when I said "other opinions".
No worries. I think it's nice to hear other opinions too. That's what makes forums like this great.

Once initiated landing it has to be canceled and cannot be canceled with just sticks correct.
It can be cancelled with the throttle stick when using the current firmware (or .400).

Last edited:
Remain me a dubt. Why the VPS sensor shows 0.3 feet of altitude a 136 feet of real altitude inducing a Landing mode? Is normal or not? My drone is new and the sensors are very clean.

I think I have understand the origin of the problem. The bad read of altitude in the VPS sensors depends by the twine of my TRACKIMO that in flight with the wind covered the sensors.:oops:

If he was pulling down on the stick how come the altitude was gradually increasing right before the forced landing was initiated?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
It's not possible to auto initiate forced landing mode at a set battery percentage. It is auto initiated when you move the throttle stick to the full down position and the downward sensors detect the Mavic is at or below 0.5 meters from the ground.

This sounds like a issue with the barometer reading. I wonder if it was also flying in windy conditions which may cause a false pressure reading with barometer?

This sounds like a issue with the barometer reading. I wonder if it was also flying in windy conditions which may cause a false pressure reading with barometer?

The barometer is sufficiently protected that you won't have any bernoulli effect messing with the readings - that'd be a massive issue if it was susceptible. They tackled this a long time ago.

I dunno what's up with the altitude readings, but the voltage readings corroborate the log that the stick was moved to cut thrust. Voltage leaps up half a second before the landing initiated, consistent with lowering power to the motors.

I think I have understand the origin of the problem. The bad read of altitude in the VPS sensors depends by the twine of my TRACKIMO that in flight with the wind covered the sensors.

I think I have understand the origin of the problem. The bad read of altitude in the VPS sensors depends by the twine of my TRACKIMO that in flight with the wind covered the sensors.

Try using high strength Velcro next time.

If he was pulling down on the stick how come the altitude was gradually increasing right before the forced landing was initiated?
When the "Landing Protection" setting is enabled, the throttle is not in the full down position, and the downward sensors are detecting the Mavic is below 0.5 meters, it'll automatically ascend very slowly to try to get up to 0.5 meters.

Technically it wouldn't be a bad read of the sensor.

01chart1.jpg

Some of the issue was related to the user. The main point of focus in image above would be what you see the RED line doing. That is the user rapidly moving the Elevator Stick. Also the throttle stick in LIME GREEN at the end shows similar activity. One stick is attempting to slow down the AirCraft where as the other is attempting to increase altitude.
The BLACK line is your VPS which the spikes shown periodically may a result you mentioned about a sensor being covered.

01chart2.jpg

In this graph there are some familiar data lines as seen in the previous chart. The main line here for me is the LIME GREEN which this time displays the Flight Pitch. Again...at the end of the chart the line shows the nose of the AirCraft going from Negative to Positive Pitch rapidly over a short time.

Btw, between the 220 & 330 point of the graph above shows a huge jump in the lime green line and a drop of the brown line. This might be a time the twine became caught in one of the props.

Now...this data also shows up in the Flight Log file and it takes place per the user. I can't understand why this type of activity would need to take place while flying the AirCraft?

I have fixed my trackimo with velcro in the right side of mavic near micro usb bay. From this depart two section of twine collect by a plastic clip. The twine go from one of plastic landing board of the Mavic to Trackimo. So the plastic clip in the wind covered the circular sensors under the Mavic. I resolved using a smaller twine that remain distant to sensors.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom