DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best free video editing software

Alright, guys... CapCut runs fine on my ~$100 refurbished Dell Optiplex 5050 and did import and render the .mp4 H.265 clips from my Air 2S - good enough for now. If I get into serious video editing, I'll check into a more serious PC and video card.

The adventure is just beginning, and I've got path for editing basic videos at no additional cost. Very cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Good to find this info. Trying Davinci Resolve here and it is crashing all the time rendering a 15 min clip. Seems to be a known problem. Maybe my PC needs more RAM, better video card... but it is frustrating.

DaVinci is a pro app, it needs a pro-level machine for best results. What are you running on?

My machine is 24 cores and 96GB RAM with nVidea cards with 6000 cores, 3 wide gamut displays, and a Blackmagic hdmi video IO card and 14 terabyte raid….

….but I’m thinking it’s time to upgrade my system to more.

Because, more.

You won’t be happy running it on a laptop.

I have been using Lightroom for several years now. Is DaVinci superior? I only hear good things but have stuck with what I know.
The “best” editorial system is the one that lets you work most intuitively.

I use DaVinci because it is the literal “everything you need in post” all-in-one Swiss Army knife from hell and heaven with a team of Navy Seals in reserve.

FWIW I’m a professional filmmaker in Hollywood.

Alright, guys... working on my ~$100 refurbished Dell Optiplex 5050, CapCut runs fine and did import and render the .mp4 clips from my Air 2S just fine. Good enough for now. If I get more into serious video editing, I'll check into a more serious PC and video card.

The adventure is just beginning, and I've got path for getting basic videos put together at no additional cost. Very cool.

CapCut is great, I use it on my iPhone when I wanna slam something together for social media.

It’s not about the tool, it’s about the process, but most of all:

It’s about the story.

What lets you work intuitively to tell a story? Focus on that, the rest shall follow.

Hi all, I’m looking to edit my H264 4K DJI drone videos using a free software editing programme.

I’ve heard that DaVinci Resolve is a pretty decent feature packed tool. Would you guys recommend this or can you suggest alternatives?

Not looking to do lots to the videos, maybe some colour correction, add audio soundtracks and edit out unwanted parts of the original footage and then upload to my YouTube channel.

Thanks in advance!
DaVinci free version is all you need.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks