DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Mavic 2 Zoom Hard Case?

Hello everyone, do you recommend any soft case that capable of containing dij Mavic 2 pro and dji smart controller? thanks

Actually, just yesterday I used the Fly-More soft case to take my Zoom on a hike in the snow. I have a hard case for transporting it or potentially flying with it but it is both big and heavy. I wanted something that I could fit into a modest (not overly large) day pack for a hike.

I grabbed the Fly-More case which I had earlier set aside as a bit tight and limited in what could be packed. It worked really well. There are actually videos showing how to pack it but I did not re-consult any. The drone fit in the left side (camera down and inward) and the Smart Controller fit in the right side, screen inward (facing the drone but separated by the fabric separator). I dumped my lanyard on top of the controller and zipped it closed. The Zoom was fitted with one battery when packed. I put two other batteries in the front outside pocket, alternating wide end up, wide end down. I slipped two extra propellers into one of the stretchy net pockets on the side. I threw some strobe lights into the top zippered pocket. I put the entire case into my day pack. It definitely added weight to the pack but it was not bad.

I have to admit that when I first received the Fly-More case, I was disappoointed and looked for a replacement. But it actually worked quite well yesterday. I think if I did it again, I'd try finding some thin inflexible shield for the Smart Controllers screen. Just as a bit of added protection.

Reactions: HunterYen
Hello everyone, do you recommend any soft case that capable of containing dij Mavic 2 pro and dji smart controller? thanks

Two I have used that fit the Mavic 2, Smart Controller, and all accessories:

Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L

Lowepro Droneguard BP250

What I don't like is how the Mavic 2 Props catch on everything when folded, so it makes bag choice a little more difficult.

I would also like to find the smallest possible case that holds JUST the Mavic 2, Smart Controller, and 2-3 batteries (and nothing else), but I have not been able to yet - the SC is too new it seems.

For Hard Cases I like the GPC cases, but all the quality ones are pretty similar.

Also I use this screen protector on the SC and it's excellent - made in Germany:

https://www.amazon.com/BROTECT-Protector-Controller-Extra-Hard-Ultra-Light/dp/B07MYKVM4D/ref=sr_1_9?crid=20MJNYXVVWCQC&keywords=dji+smart+controller+screen+protector&qid=1553197547&s=gateway&sprefix=dji+smart+control,aps,189&sr=8-9

Reactions: HunterYen
Two I have used that fit the Mavic 2, Smart Controller, and all accessories:

Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L

Lowepro Droneguard BP250

What I don't like is how the Mavic 2 Props catch on everything when folded, so it makes bag choice a little more difficult.

I would also like to find the smallest possible case that holds JUST the Mavic 2, Smart Controller, and 2-3 batteries (and nothing else), but I have not been able to yet - the SC is too new it seems.

For Hard Cases I like the GPC cases, but all the quality ones are pretty similar.

Also I use this screen protector on the SC and it's excellent - made in Germany:

https://www.amazon.com/BROTECT-Protector-Controller-Extra-Hard-Ultra-Light/dp/B07MYKVM4D/ref=sr_1_9?crid=20MJNYXVVWCQC&keywords=dji+smart+controller+screen+protector&qid=1553197547&s=gateway&sprefix=dji+smart+control,aps,189&sr=8-9

As I noted just above, I did find the Fly-More case pretty reasonable and I was surprised. It really does not have much extra space for anything. The propellers are somewhat of an issue but I have, I think, PGYTech gadgets that hold both sets of propellers against the body pretty will and made it almost painless to slip the Zoom into the case. The bottom propeller gadget really does keep the ends tucked in and out of harms way. The batteries can fit in the front pocket as I did or I believe I recall some stuffing them in the mesh side pockets. I don't know if DJI sells just the case or only the entire Kit.

Again, I used it to pack the Zoom for further packing in my day pack with 10 essentials and water bladder, fiber filled, hooded jacket, extra mittens, hat, the hoop landing pad (with stakes). (I have the folding square one but figured it would be blown out of position just sitting on the frozen snow). I'm sure that I would not want to fall with this heavy and rigid load while cross-country skiing but might give it a cautious try.

Oh, edited to add: I have a screen protector but I'd like something rigid to protect it while in the fly-more case from the drone's mass on the other side of the fabric partition. Just in case I fell, it would rigidly protect the Smart Controller's screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadaDrone
As I noted just above, I did find the Fly-More case pretty reasonable and I was surprised. It really does not have much extra space for anything. The propellers are somewhat of an issue but I have, I think, PGYTech gadgets that hold both sets of propellers against the body pretty will and made it almost painless to slip the Zoom into the case. The bottom propeller gadget really does keep the ends tucked in and out of harms way. The batteries can fit in the front pocket as I did or I believe I recall some stuffing them in the mesh side pockets. I don't know if DJI sells just the case or only the entire Kit.

Again, I used it to pack the Zoom for further packing in my day pack with 10 essentials and water bladder, fiber filled, hooded jacket, extra mittens, hat, the hoop landing pad (with stakes). (I have the folding square one but figured it would be blown out of position just sitting on the frozen snow). I'm sure that I would not want to fall with this heavy and rigid load while cross-country skiing but might give it a cautious try.

Oh, edited to add: I have a screen protector but I'd like something rigid to protect it while in the fly-more case from the drone's mass on the other side of the fabric partition. Just in case I fell, it would rigidly protect the Smart Controller's screen.

Do those prop holders put any stress at all on the motor spindles? The ones I have seen seem like they would, so I have avoided them for that reason, but I have not tried them myself.

DJI does sell the case by itself for a ridiculous $139 USD, so it is much more economical to get as part of the combo, but I just personally wasn't a fan - I ended up building my own "fly more combo" without the case and car charger for less money than the fly more combo kit is in Canada. Maybe I should give the case a second look though.

I actually got the DJI Mavic sleeve thinking it would solve my problem of the props catching on everything, but as it turns out the sleeve is designed for the Mavic 1 and there is no way you are getting a Mavic 2 in there with props on without way too much force, and good luck getting it out afterward haha.

Do those prop holders put any stress at all on the motor spindles? The ones I have seen seem like they would, so I have avoided them for that reason, but I have not tried them myself.

DJI does sell the case by itself for a ridiculous $139 USD, so it is much more economical to get as part of the combo, but I just personally wasn't a fan - I ended up building my own "fly more combo" without the case and car charger for less money than the fly more combo kit is in Canada. Maybe I should give the case a second look though.

I actually got the DJI Mavic sleeve thinking it would solve my problem of the props catching on everything, but as it turns out the sleeve is designed for the Mavic 1 and there is no way you are getting a Mavic 2 in there with props on without way too much force, and good luck getting it out afterward haha.

I just took those prop holders off and then on and off again. I really don't see any movement at the motor end of the props. There's barely any movement other than reining in the tips really.

Check out the case videos if you can. I think there are at least two if not three that I've seen. One by the foreign woman with piercing blue eyes. And maybe one by Flytpath???? There might have been a British one, too.

https://www.pgy-tech.com/propeller-holder-for-mavic-2

As for the DJI case - I really changed my mind, at least, when it comes to hiking/skiing with the drone and maybe taking it on a bike ride. I still prefer the more rigid heavy duty plastic cases for other forms of transport. Two weeks ago when we went to Sun Valley for cross country skiing with luggage and boots and skis, poles and suitcases and more crap, I was glad the drone was protected by the rigid case. Unfortunately, I was too pooped to go back out in the afternoon to use the drone!!!!

Now I will say slipping it into the case - you do so carefully although not over cautious but it slips out with ease. But if the props were free-wheeling - well, like herding cats! (g)

But I wish you could see and try it. I don't want to talk you into it - is is pretty lean and not cheap!

edited to add: Just watched a few videos - I did not pack any of the charger elements. I was fairly lean. I went out to hike on snow and fly. So no charger stuff at all. Drone and installed battery, one set of extra props (a second set would be easy), Smart Charger, two extra batteries and strobe lights. Lanyard. I probably could fit filters in.

You know, you might check and see if anyone wants to sell that part of their Fly-more kit. I had considered it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadaDrone
Now they are both cool, love them;);) not done anything like that before, was that setup on the drone or do you need extra gear to achieve that?

It is an included camera setting in amongst the Panorama options. In order to DISPLAY is, it needs some form of compiling like posting to Kuula or massaging it. The controller will briefly display it for transfer. But the image you get to see is a flat image that shows distortions.

Reactions: Porky
It is an included camera setting in amongst the Panorama options. In order to DISPLAY is, it needs some form of compiling like posting to Kuula or massaging it. The controller will briefly display it for transfer. But the image you get to see is a flat image that shows distortions.

Thanks for the info, I must give it a go, yours looked cool;)

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078