DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mobile phone

agrs1974

Reactions
Folks I just got a Galaxy s21 and found out its not compatible with the Dji go 4 app.

Interested to see what phones people are using?

Thanks!

I don't use my iPhone 12 ProMax with my Mavic 2 Pro, but I've tried it for a backup and it works.

Rather than use my phone though, I chose to use a tablet. My choice is an iPad Air with no cellular. It's small and light and (unlike Android devices) does not deplete the DJI Remote Control battery. And the screen is a lot larger than my phone. I bought the tablet specifically for this purpose; if you're considering this, you might hunt around for a used one.

Cheers mate. I have a Ipad mini 4 that works well and the IPhone 12 and pro/Max was on my list.
I don't use my iPhone 12 ProMax with my Mavic 2 Pro, but I've tried it for a backup and it works.

Rather than use my phone though, I chose to use a tablet. My choice is an iPad Air with no cellular. It's small and light and (unlike Android devices) does not deplete the DJI Remote Control battery. And the screen is a lot larger than my phone. I bought the tablet specifically for this purpose; if you're considering this, you might hunt around for a used one.

My choice is an iPad Air with no cellular. It's small and light and (unlike Android devices)
There are enough myths about Apple devices and their superiority to the other kind, without any need to invent more.
Check some specs and you'll see that there is no significant difference in the weights of your iPad and comparable Android devices.

There are enough myths about Apple devices and their superiority to the other kind, without any need to invent more.
Check some specs and you'll see that there is no significant difference in the weights of your iPad and comparable Android devices.
Generally, IMHO. myths aside, I see more issues with pilots using Android devices than those using Apple Devices.. Android is a fragmented mess as I see it, and any time there is an update, something doesn't work, thats pretty rare on an Apple Device.

While this could potentially be a lengthy debate perhaps, just my 2 cents.. Probably won't add much more if anything..

Generally, IMHO. myths aside, I see more issues with pilots using Android devices than those using Apple Devices.. Android is a fragmented mess as I see it, and any time there is an update, something doesn't work, thats pretty rare on an Apple Device.

While this could potentially be a lengthy debate perhaps, just my 2 cents.. Probably won't add much more if anything..
Thanks for contributing more myths.

[After quoting me like this: "My choice is an iPad Air with no cellular. It's small and light and (unlike Android devices)"]

Wow, did you ever go down a few pegs in my book. Here's my entire sentence:

"It's small and light and (unlike Android devices) does not deplete the DJI Remote Control battery."

Since when did you join the intellectual dishonesty camp?

[After quoting me like this: "My choice is an iPad Air with no cellular. It's small and light and (unlike Android devices)"]

Wow, did you ever go down a few pegs in my book. Here's my entire sentence:

"It's small and light and (unlike Android devices) does not deplete the DJI Remote Control battery."

Since when did you join the intellectual dishonesty camp?
I'm so sorry ... I missed theplacement of the "and".
I guess that makes me intellectually dishonest.

Wow, time to hit ignore. I was going to make an observation but that would play into this...

There is no myth here. Even after decade of making drones, look at what DJI specifies on the box in which the drone is shipped.
Thwacked the graphic to save space. I have noticed that as well that the DJI package clearly notes iPhone.. As far as I am concerned, based on what I've read here in various forums and threads, one can come to the conclusion (again IMHO) that using an iPhone or iPad will provide a more stable environment for flying.

Having said that, nothing is perfect, and people have had issues using Apple Devices as well, whether its the device or something DJI did in the app is always up for debate.

I used my iPhone 11 pro max but the screen was a little too small for my eyes and so I bought an iPad mini 5. It works great and offers a brighter screen

I have noticed that as well that the DJI package clearly notes iPhone..
Sorry to burst your bubble but that doesn't mean that DJI recommends Apple or that their equipment works any better with Apple devices.
It is clever Apple marketing (MFI Program) and indicates that DJI have paid Apple to use those Made for iPhone labels.
They only indicate that the equipment will work with Apple devices.

As far as I am concerned, based on what I've read here in various forums and threads, one can come to the conclusion (again IMHO) that using an iPhone or iPad will provide a more stable environment for flying.
Except that isn't true at all, despite the number of people that echo those ideas.
DJI equipment and software works just as well with Apple as it does with Android.
Use whichever you are more comfortable with, but don't fall for the myths.

Hi NASOC If I may what year/ model Air do u use I also use an Air but keep getting CPU Full msg
thort I need to upgrade due power
Any thoughts pse Regards Rabi ??

Having used both, my opinion (please respect my OPINION!) is that both platforms offer parallel stability from the DJI GO 4 code base. The difference is all the other crap running on the device, and how background processes impact the app that needs the highest priority. The difference between Android and IOS is that Apple has a much better stranglehold on approved running apps (non jailbreaked of course), and the interaction between them. This simply contributes to a more stable OS, which in turn contributes to a more stable app.

If an android user doesn't load their device with questionable apps that may interfere, then Android based DJI apps are just as stable. Likewise could be said with IOS devices, but the likelihood of this happening is far less because of the aforementioned 'stranglehold' of IOS approved apps.

Rooted and/or jailbreaked devices, count your blessings!!

</SS>

Sorry to burst your bubble but that doesn't mean that DJI recommends Apple or that their equipment works any better with Apple devices.
It is clever Apple marketing (MFI Program) and indicates that DJI have paid Apple to use those Made for iPhone labels.

Except that isn't true at all, despite the number of people that echo those ideas.
DJI equipment and software works just as well with Apple as it does with Android.
DJI has paid Apple to advertise for Apple?
Get your head out of your you know what.

Sure, you have your opinion, I have mine... from my perspective, Android users have more issues due to the inherent unreliability and multitudes of versions of Android across devices.. You can chose to ignore that if you want. I see it mentioned a lot and not just with DJI software..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic