DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Roll back software

It's funny, I'm on 1000 with my own Mavic and thought it was quite good, but in the weekend rolled back a friends for him whose not really technically minded to .700 which was always a good firmware for me and WOW, I almost forgot how good it was, whist I was happy with the image on 1000, the image on .700 is SOOOOO much better, so I'm also going to roll back myself now.

It was quite easy, but I can't seem to roll back Dji Go4 to a previous version (iOS) so get a pop up box stating my flight will be limited to 50m and 30m etc... just tap and it's gone and there is no limitations at all on the Mavic.

Did you downgrade the RC FW too?

What am I missing?

My old Mavic ran 400 successfully. On my new Mavic, I was going to downgrade to 400, but 1000 works fine. I can't see any advantage to downgrading.

"there's already handling for multiple hardware revs"

The people behind the likes of dumbldore said this when talking about the platinum differences

So there are several versions of hardware which have different updated for the hardware found, this could cause the differences experienced and the issues that some have

What might be better for one lot of hardware could be alot worse for another if it will load at all

Yes, was actually quite easy, both Mavic and RC on .700 and now rolled back iOS Go4 to 08, all fine.

Did you try the latest Go4 with .700 before downgrading the app? What didn't you like about the latest app?

Yes, but you get the error message at startup about "flight limited to 50m and 30m...", it's simply a message and there is no limitation on flight, just tap and it goes away, but it bothered me so downgraded, otherwise 700 works fine on all functions with the latest Go4 app.

Well the exposure is well off. Even with ND filters I have to set the shutter at 200 to get a good picture and histogram. Just flew yesterday and after visioning it on my Mac it was all blurry. I shot with the AF enabled and that get worse when I yaw the aircraft. So for me it is a camera issue. Tried litchi as well and it seems to me it did a better work staying in focus. Apparently the flight controls are not affected by the new firmware just the picture
Interesting I am a bit skeptical of the Litchi App. The fly away reports scare me. Did you happen to pay for the app and are you worried about any voided warranty?

Interesting I am a bit skeptical of the Litchi App. The fly away reports scare me. Did you happen to pay for the app and are you worried about any voided warranty?

The litchi app is paid for and I never had any problems with it. It doesn’t void your warranty.

This isn't good advice to give, connection may come and go several times during the update.

The end of the update is announced by a reboot with the DJI startup sound and no more front arm or battery LED activity.

I suppose I didn't provide the proper context. If DJI Assistant remains stuck at 99% for a long time, then do the RC connection test.

EDIT: Actually, I did mention DJI Assistant getting stuck at 99%. I did mention that if the front LEDs are still slowly flashing red, the update is still going, did I not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032