DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Settings for Panorama in Lichi

Oingo Boingo

Reactions
Hey all... Just want to ask if anyone has had issues using Panoramic on Lichi. I have found that it skips pictures. Any heads up on best setting for the Panarama to avoid this ?

I haven't had any picture-skipping, but I did have to add more Nadir shots than I thought to close the gap. I think there's a setting for multiple copies per angle, which might help with skipped shots (it is intended to help with masking out moving objects like road traffic or birds).

My settings are set up for portrait mode, starting with +15º gimbal upward, 4 rows, 12 per row, 3 nadirs (51 shots). Results are about 160 megapixels. That's very weak overlap at the horizon but the overlap between rows and closer to the nadir gives great overall stitching accuracy.

I was having early termination of panorama with Litchi. I usually do a panorama directly overhead. After watching a Mavic tutorial for antenna positioning I discovered that the controller has difficulty communicating with the drone when it is directly overhead. Since that time I position the antennas parallel to the ground when flying directly overhead and haven't had a panorama termination.

Reactions: Troncat
I haven't had any picture-skipping, but I did have to add more Nadir shots than I thought to close the gap. I think there's a setting for multiple copies per angle, which might help with skipped shots (it is intended to help with masking out moving objects like road traffic or birds).

My settings are set up for portrait mode, starting with +15º gimbal upward, 4 rows, 12 per row, 3 nadirs (51 shots). Results are about 160 megapixels. That's very weak overlap at the horizon but the overlap between rows and closer to the nadir gives great overall stitching accuracy.
Thnx for that. Had the same issue today... Will do a quick test tomorrow and see how it goes... Give some feedback

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78