DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Settings Shield K1

MavicChris89

Reactions
Hello,

I am very new to the Mavic.
I got a Shield K1 with Android 6 and have the newest Dji Go 4 Version and also the Firmware of the drone.

My question is:

What are the best settings of the Tablet and the app so that i wont have any App-Crashes.

Should I stay with Android 6 or update to 7?

I put a fast lexar sd 633x with 16gb in the tablet and formated it for internal use.

In the App i put videocache to Device off because when i filmed it lagged hard.

Normally i close all Apps and go to flightmode with gps and offlinemaps.

I didn't tty it with the new Settings since i got back to Android 6.

Do you have any Tipps for me?

I also have a Oneplus 3 with Android 7 but it didn't worked well.

Thanks for your replies!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hello,

I am very new to the Mavic.
I got a Shield K1 with Android 6 and have the newest Dji Go 4 Version and also the Firmware of the drone.

My question is:

What are the best settings of the Tablet and the app so that i wont have any App-Crashes.

Should I stay with Android 6 or update to 7?

I put a fast lexar sd 633x with 16gb in the tablet and formated it for internal use.

In the App i put videocache to Device off because when i filmed it lagged hard.

Normally i close all Apps and go to flightmode with gps and offlinemaps.

I didn't tty it with the new Settings since i got back to Android 6.

Do you have any Tipps for me?

I also have a Oneplus 3 with Android 7 but it didn't worked well.

Thanks for your replies!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app
Keep it at 6.0, 7.0 is having trouble with DJI GO4, enable developer options and USB debugging, then airplane mode when flying.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: MavicChris89
I agree!! Do NOT upgrade to 7.0 on the shield k1. it crashes often with DJI go4. just learned the hard way. MAJOR pain to downgrade the tablet as it has a locked boot loader and requires command line inputs with ADB and is a real pain if you arent familiar with that stuff. I just went through all that fun. This is as of 4/9/2017. Hope they get the bugs worked out on 7.0. When someone has luck with that, maybe you can post so.. but for now, don't do it!

Is it still unsafe to use Shield with 7.0 or have been there some improvements in stability?

Is it still unsafe to use Shield with 7.0 or have been there some improvements in stability?
I have not had any issues since the last firmware update. I am running 7.0 and have not had any crashes, best luck.

Never had any issues with the Shield on 7 as well, and i updated as soon as it was available. I think its more to do with certain apps that can cause crashes. My shield is devoted to the Mavic. So its reset, updated fully, i uninstalled all bloatware. My wife wanted to test her phone an Iphone 6S, it crashed immediatly but she has TONS of apps on it.

I'm brand new here and running 7.0 with no application crashes.
K1 is two days old, Mavic Pro 3 days old.

Only I adjusted was the brightness on the Shield.

I have NOT loaded any other programs on the Shield. For $190, it's hard to beat!

And no lag!

Last edited:
That´s great news! I already spent lots of time on learning, how to downgrade from probably stock 7.0, as few people reported that it came with 7.0 already in (nvidia and mavic should arrive next week, so just researching atm.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02