DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best video settings not in 4k

Al3eRtO

Reactions
Hi, I have a 8gb ram i7 laptop with a video card not suitable for rendering. What settings can I use to avoid losing too much quality?1080p 30fps? Or other?Thanks!

Reactions: Larryb007
Hi, I have a 8gb ram i7 laptop with a video card not suitable for rendering. What settings can I use to avoid losing too much quality?1080p 30fps? Or other?Thanks!
on my older laptop i find 1080p at 30fps works for me with my MPP it is not so much about picture quality, but the fact that a older computer is not fast enough to play back 4k video. it will keep stopping the image just watch something moving in your video like a car or wind turbine and you will see what i mean. 4k is amazing for image rendering if you have the correct equipment to do it and a 4k capable device to watch it on

Reactions: Larryb007
First I would try just using one of the pre-processed 8bit 4K modes (avoid DLog-M which is 10bit). Even an iPad can edit that no problem so you might be OK. In fact if you have a recent iPad, you can buy LumaFusion and you may very well prefer it to your laptop for editing.

Otherwise there is nothing wrong with dropping down to 2.7K or 1080P or wherever the threshold is for your computer. Generally though the drones don't do as good of a job with the lower resolutions, but it's not the end of the world. You can fit four 1080P frames inside a 4K frame, for reference.

I would suggest always shooting in 4K if you can though, because you can always reduce a 4K file to a lower resolution (or get lossless zoom down to 1080P) but you can't really go the other way. When you do upgrade your PC, you will probably be glad to have the option - that is entirely up to you though of course.

EDIT - my mistake I thought this was the M2P forum. Apologies.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp