DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to track flights?

Eric

Reactions
I see there are a lot of tools out there to dig into flight logs. What is the easiest (free) way to just keep track of all your basic flight info such as distance, height, a map of your path, etc. Bonus points if it can generate KML files. Downloading the massive log files from the Mavic itself seems burdensome.

I see there are a lot of tools out there to dig into flight logs. What is the easiest (free) way to just keep track of all your basic flight info such as distance, height, a map of your path, etc. Bonus points if it can generate KML files. Downloading the massive log files from the Mavic itself seems burdensome.
Healthy Drones to a limit of 100 flights. But as you pull the KML's, then you can delete the flights.

I pay for the next level at so many bucks/year for more flights and a little more info about each flight.

healthydrones.com

Healthy Drones is super easy to use. I simply copy the TXT files from my phone to a folder and then upload them to healthy drones. The 100 flight limit isn't much an issue as I can always go back and upload an old flight after the fact if it's been purged.

Healthy Drones is super easy to use. I simply copy the TXT files from my phone to a folder and then upload them to healthy drones. The 100 flight limit isn't much an issue as I can always go back and upload an old flight after the fact if it's been purged.

There is an app in the appstore that will automatically upload the DJI Go flight logs to their website for you. It is called "HD Sync" and the icon is a yellow smiley face.

There is an app in the appstore that will automatically upload the DJI Go flight logs to their website for you. It is called "HD Sync" and the icon is a yellow smiley face.

Will the app also store the files on my drive? I want to store all of them and Healthy Drones will only allow 100.

Those files are proof of what I've done or not done which could be beneficial should something bad happen.

Will the app also store the files on my drive? I want to store all of them and Healthy Drones will only allow 100.

Those files are proof of what I've done or not done which could be beneficial should something bad happen.

Not sure what you mean by "my drive" - do you mean your phone? It doesn't remove them from your phone, just syncs a copy to Healthy Drones.

Not sure what you mean by "my drive" - do you mean your phone? It doesn't remove them from your phone, just syncs a copy to Healthy Drones.

Sorry i wasn't clear. I would like the app to place a copy on the HD of my PC and upload a copy to Healthy Drones. This is what I do now but manually.

Anyone else having problems with the battery info on healthy drones? When flying with DJI go 4 app battery serial number is not correct and healthy drones defaults to battery one. While flying in litchi battery status is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sorry i wasn't clear. I would like the app to place a copy on the HD of my PC and upload a copy to Healthy Drones. This is what I do now but manually.

Ahh, the app connects directly from your cell phone to the Healthy Drones website to upload the log files, it doesn't have a way to connect to your PC.

Anyone else having problems with the battery info on healthy drones? When flying with DJI go 4 app battery serial number is not correct and healthy drones defaults to battery one. While flying in litchi battery status is correct.

Yes and I have a workaround for it. I have manually added all four of my batteries with their specific serial numbers to healthy drones website then I have a fifth generic battery which is my default go to battery and after every flight is uploaded I edit the flight and select the correct battery that I actually used. Hope that makes sense.

Where do you find the TXT files on your phone? I've been using the DJI Go4 app on an Android.

In your phone you will find a directory called DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord. You will find two different .txt name structures. You are after the longer one.

Ahh, the app connects directly from your cell phone to the Healthy Drones website to upload the log files, it doesn't have a way to connect to your PC.

I use "Sweet Home wifi picture backup" for my androids. Its a free app that allows me to automatically transfer/backup files to my windows server at home when its connected to my local wifi.

So with the combination of the Healthy Drones automatically uploading the files to their cloud and this app you should have your bases covered.

I don't backup my drone logs with this app but I have all of our phones auto backup pictures and movies (any file directory you choose) to my local server. It allows me to choose any time the phone/tablet is connected to local wifi or anytime its connected to local wifi and charging. It allows you to choose file date sorting and options. Allows you to setup auto delete files off phone after so many days so I can keep my pictures for say no more then a month to keep my phone from filling up.

Take a look at it and you might be done with manual transfers.

Reactions: cobra46
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan