DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big problem after accident.

Lots of good ideas. I am impressed with the number of people who want to help. The idea of using a normal foldable landing pad that has a small strap on one corner and a plastic ring (glued or industrial strength Velcro) on the drone and then a hook on the top of your walking stick that would engage with either the ring on the drone or the ring on the landing pad appeals to me. This would eliminate the need for tables or tripods. Just a thought.

Reactions: TampaTC
Thanks Again for all the suggestions.
Tables & the like are out as I can’t carry them, no free hands due to walking sticks.
Got to be back pack friendly.
Like I mentioned, out of all the suggestions I have a plan forming amalgamating a few to end up with something I can use.
All your ideas appreciated whether they are feasible for me or not, they still could be useful to someone.
Hopefully my predicament will be short term

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Tables & the like are out as I can’t carry them, no free hands due to walking sticks.
Got to be back pack friendly.
Have a look at the square pad in
the guy doesn't appear to discuss it much but as it's a new video you could probably get answers from him

I have a plan for something similar.
The problem of picking it up remains, still can’t bend the leg, got to have something raised if it was only 12 inches I could manage now.
Bad weather & pain has stopped play so haven't got round to anything yet ?

For picking it up would a tether attaching the pad to a stick work for you?

Was trying to figurer out a way to clip something to one of my sticks so I can slide it under the mavic, now the lock down has let the DIY shops open I will have to go look for something useable.

Ahhh, 'me suffers tunnel vision' thinking of you lifting the pad and forgetting about lifting the drone, whoops, sorry

Reactions: THE CYBORG
So what kind of backpack are you using/require? I've seen backpacks that fold out into a chair. Not sure about metal if they use it for support though. Then there are those folding chairs that collapse. Not sure about trying to land on it though.

chair.JPG

Reactions: THE CYBORG
One of the fold up round nylon “H” landing pads with a tether line that you can slip over your wrist (and 3 small clip on fishing sinkers, if needed on a breezy day - the pads have 3 loops for ground pegging) plus a hook attached to one of your walking assist sticks with a velcro strap and a large O-ring also attached with a velcro strap, on the drone (not metal, in case it affected the positioning). Job done. But also, having just landed my Air 2 three times in succession within 5 to 10cm of launch, using RTH, I would try a hand held recovery with the drone, at a 1 metre AGL return hover, in Tripod Mode to complete. And if you ever use a walking stroller support with a front tray ........ landing pad! That drone is simply brilliant. Lands like a guided missile (almost ?) Best wishes with your health. ????????

• Love
Reactions: Tommy85
Chickened out on the hand catch, those screaming props close to your head when you aren't to steady standing was a no no.

Could you use a shooting stick as a walking stick and then as a third-leg/seat/prop-support?

I have a plan for something similar.
The problem of picking it up remains, still can’t bend the leg, got to have something raised if it was only 12 inches I could manage now.
Bad weather & pain has stopped play so haven't got round to anything yet ?

Artco takes a grabber with him to pick up the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying