DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BLURRY IMAGE IN SOME SPOTS / HOW TO FIX IT

Good stuff. So I'm being told to go opposite to all the preps to do colour grading now ... <sigh>.

The softness issue I have has nothing to do with N/R (well, yeah, there's that too...) it has to do with the camera being consistently soft on the left. That's optical. Gets back today per UPS.

Reactions: austindave
Hopefully DJI's next version of Mavic has a better camera. It's such a brilliant aircraft.

Reactions: MrMavic
Good stuff. So I'm being told to go opposite to all the preps to do colour grading now ... <sigh>.

The softness issue I have has nothing to do with N/R (well, yeah, there's that too...) it has to do with the camera being consistently soft on the left. That's optical. Gets back today per UPS.
Just leave the sharpness set at +1 - The Mavic camera applies it's own noise reduction at the "0" setting and below. Just don't go below the setting of +1 on the Sharpness setting. I'll be shooting in Cinelike / Manual IOS / +1 - 0 -0
For those that don't know, if you have a iMac, iPhoto has an easy to use photo editor.

Last edited:
So, as an example, I recently took the attached picture with my Mavic and I can see parts of it being blurry (circled in red marker) and parts of it being sharp. Is this the kind of problem that your suggestion to set sharpness at +1 (minimum) solves?

Attachments

• DJI_0005.jpg
    DJI_0005.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
So, as an example, I recently took the attached picture with my Mavic and I can see parts of it being blurry (circled in red marker) and parts of it being sharp. Is this the kind of problem that your suggestion to set sharpness at +1 (minimum) solves?
It looks like it be yes. The NR that it uses is pretty intense.

In my case setting the sharpness to +1 really helps but also I can see that the video is more noisy even though ISO is set to 100. I can reduce the noise in post with neat video plugin but it take quite a long for 4k video to process even 30 seconds of footage. Any tips?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661