DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boy Scouts and drones

Former Member

Reactions
Since I was young, I have been involved with the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, then worked a few summers at Ten Mile River Scout camp in PA, all while my dad was in Vietnam. I eventually became a Scoutmaster of a troop.

We used to do so many great things, and Im wondering if anyone has gotten their drones involved with the Scouts? I got away from Boy Scouting, and got into Girl Scouting with my daughter, but she lost interest. Now that she's a nurse, she has no interest, but hoping I can share with younger folks. I havent contacted any local troops, but just trying to get some feedback from other drone people.

I would really like to get involved with the Scouts again, and possibly introduce them to drone flying and ownership. Im in North Georgia around 40 minutes north of Atlanta.

Reactions: DSchnell
Since I was young, I have been involved with the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, then worked a few summers at Ten Mile River Scout camp in PA, all while my dad was in Vietnam. I eventually became a Scoutmaster of a troop.

We used to do so many great things, and Im wondering if anyone has gotten their drones involved with the Scouts? I got away from Boy Scouting, and got into Girl Scouting with my daughter, but she lost interest. Now that she's a nurse, she has no interest, but hoping I can share with younger folks. I havent contacted any local troops, but just trying to get some feedback from other drone people.

I would really like to get involved with the Scouts again, and possibly introduce them to drone flying and ownership. Im in North Georgia around 40 minutes north of Atlanta.
I think it sounds like a very cool idea!
I'm not personally in the Scouts, but I have several friends who are and who absolutely love the Mavic. Honestly, I think sharing the hobby, especially from a solid, safe point of view like yours, is a great way to get more people into the hobby and kill the anti-drone hysteria that's out there. Keep us posted how it goes! -CF

Reactions: Former Member
Well as of yeterday they are no longer called Boy Scouts - they have removed the word boys so the girls that joined won’t be offended. This world is so f—- up good God

I think it sounds like a very cool idea!
I'm not personally in the Scouts, but I have several friends who are and who absolutely love the Mavic. Honestly, I think sharing the hobby, especially from a solid, safe point of view like yours, is a great way to get more people into the hobby and kill the anti-drone hysteria that's out there. Keep us posted how it goes! -CF

Will do. I have located some underprivilged troops who would like to see a demo.

they have removed the word boys so the girls that joined won’t be offended.
They didn't change the name so as not to "offend" girls, but to better reflect that the program is no longer limited to boys.

If this sort of thing gets your panties in a bunch you have too much time on your hands.

To the OP: If you know anyone at a local troop, contact them. I'm sure they'd be thrilled. If you don't, contact the local council and they'll help you connect with various troops.

Yes as a child I was a scout and also did a few years with the Indian guides

Where was your Scouting experience? Mine was all over the country. Do you remember the good times?

I try to use the oath I learned as a Scout to my everyday life.

A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Do a good turn daily.

If you know anyone at a local troop, contact them. I'm sure they'd be thrilled. If you don't, contact the local council and they'll help you connect with various troops.

Thanks, will do. Most of the time I enjoy teaching and sharing my knowledge and experience more than I enjoy flying. Passing on what I have learned would be the same thing my dad passed on to me.

They didn't change the name so as not to "offend" girls, but to better reflect that the program is no longer limited to boys.

If this sort of thing gets your panties in a bunch you have too much time on your hands.

To the OP: If you know anyone at a local troop, contact them. I'm sure they'd be thrilled. If you don't, contact the local council and they'll help you connect with various troops.
Haha you said "PANTIES".....

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Thanks, will do. Most of the time I enjoy teaching and sharing my knowledge and experience more than I enjoy flying. Passing on what I have learned would be the same thing my dad passed on to me.
4H kids would really be into this sort of thing, too.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d