DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic Pro already activated when I received it?

Tropdiver

Reactions
Has anybody else had this experience: Purchased a new Mavic Pro fly more kit from Amazon. (This is my second Pro so I know how this is supposed to go...) I took it out for a spin last evening, fully expecting it to need activating first. To my surprise, it didn't request activation, AND the Radio control was already bound to the Aircraft. (I flew it with no issues.)
Today, 18 hours after receiving the Pro from freight office, I went to purchase DJI Care. It says the aircraft is not eligible because it has been activated too long. I called DJI tech support with the serial number, I asked how long it has been activated, she skirted around the question and said I should contact Amazon about returning it!
Anybody have a similar experience?

I called DJI tech support with the serial number, I asked how long it has been activated, she skirted around the question and said I should contact Amazon about returning it!
Someone else used your Mavic (at least enough to activate it in DJI GO) before it arrived on your doorstep. If you were expecting to receive a brand new Mavic, then you should return it to Amazon. If that doesn't matter to you and you want to keep it anyhow, you'll need to submit a video to DJI in order to purchase DJI Care. See more details about that process here.

wonder if u got one of thier warehouse deals ones, someone returned it and amazon sells it again at a discount. if it didnt state warehouse deals i would return it and send amazon the copy of the email from dji atating it was used, dji may have sent amazon some refurbished ones as well thats why they skirrted around the question but if that was the case they should have offered u the dji refressh

Reactions: adramelech52
I'll be returning it to Amazon. To be fair, it's not Amazon's problem, it was "fulfilled" by a vendor for them. As a note: DJI Tech Sup told me if a unit is refurb'd it gets an -R at the end of the serial number. This one does not. Also seems its been on the shelf for awhile, the bird has firmware 1.3.400 in it. (My previous Pro had 1.4.300.)

Definitely consider returning it, if you paid for a new bird you should get a new bird.

Controller is always bound to the AC, no?
That was my thought too. I have never linked my RC and AC. It came linked out of the box. Also, many here would like to have that Mavic because you are on the 400 firmware and didn't have to do any modding to get it. Just something to think about if downgrading firmware was something that ever crossed your mind. Pretty sure downgrading could void the warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green