DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a new but open box Mavic 2 Pro, is there a quick way to make sure it hasn't been flown before?

combustication

Reactions
Before I leave the premise of the seller I want to confirm that it hasn't been flown before since they are selling it as new-open box, how would I do this? Do I need to bring a laptop to plug the Mavic 2 into? Thanks!

Before I leave the premise of the seller I want to confirm that it hasn't been flown before since they are selling it as new-open box, how would I do this? Do I need to bring a laptop to plug the Mavic 2 into? Thanks!
Should be possible to plug it into & laptop with DJI Assistant 2 & check off if there is any AC DAT logs there (even though they are encrypted & only readable by DJI). Can possible be some there from a factory test run ... but the log name with date will tell I think.

Reactions: Azarov
Should be possible to plug it into & laptop with DJI Assistant 2 & check off if there is any AC DAT logs there (even though they are encrypted & only readable by DJI). Can possible be some there from a factory test run ... but the log name with date will tell I think.

Is there a way to check flight log/hours by turning on the drone and connecting it to remote/cellphone?

ask if the seller has ever registered the drone with DJI ,if so then it will show up in the flight log page in the app if it has not been registered then when you go on the app it will go straight to the registration page and ask you to set up an account the only thing if it has been registered ,is if you want care refresh then you will have to send them a video of the drone flying to prove it has not been crashed

Reactions: Thomas B
According to the Quick Start Guide, the M2 needs to be registered with DJI before first flight. If the seller will let you power things up, install Go 4 on a compatible device and see if the M2 requires registration. If it lets you connect without registration then it might have been flown before. You can also check the battery condition to see how many charge cycles are on it/them.

I'll not rely on the battery check for sure because one battery charge count does not tell the whole thing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones