DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying new drone

@kurtkak ,as a step up from the Mavic 2 then either the Air3 fly more combo with the New DJI RC2 ,or alternatively a Mavic 3 pro ,both would do the job
but purely in terms of (Bang for your Buck) ,the Air 3 fly more combo, wins hands down right now compared to the Mavic + the fly more

Get an Avata or FPV.

I started with an Air 2S and bought both of the above.

You will see the world differently with either FPV or the Avata. It will compliment your drone well and give you a drone for all occasions.

The FPV is for hauling ***, while the Avata is for tight space flying, indoor flying, as well as flying a foot above the ground. I fly both, but lean towards the FPV. If you got land to fly, go with the FPV. If you do not have space to fly, go with the Avata, but note, it is really loud.

If money is a factor, you can buy used on eBay from a reputable seller and get a great deal.

There is a FPV (drone only) for $100. I thought about placing a bid so I could have a backup drone.

Get an Avata or FPV.

I started with an Air 2S and bought both of the above.

You will see the world differently with either FPV or the Avata. It will compliment your drone well and give you a drone for all occasions.

The FPV is for hauling ***, while the Avata is for tight space flying, indoor flying, as well as flying a foot above the ground. I fly both, but lean towards the FPV. If you got land to fly, go with the FPV. If you do not have space to fly, go with the Avata, but note, it is really loud.

If money is a factor, you can buy used on eBay from a reputable seller and get a great deal.

There is a FPV (drone only) for $100. I thought about placing a bid so I could have a backup drone.

For sure, I would even go so far as to say the FPV will change your life and the way you see drones. Everyone should experience it and it's not the same as flying first person view with a camera drone.

I also thought about getting a backup FPV drone, these are so cheap and widely available. For now, I still have care refresh and haven't yet crashed but it will be nice when the times comes next year. I've seen almost new FPV drone-only no battery for $250. Also as far as I understand, these are not locked or binded.

Reactions: djwak59 and SWTSU
I bought my FPV off eBay for $225. It was a replacement drone in new condition.

I will be picking up another one for when DJI discontinues it and they skyrocket in price. The $100 one that I posted may get a bid from me, if the OP does not want it.

I bought my FPV off eBay for $225. It was a replacement drone in new condition.

I will be picking up another one for when DJI discontinues it and they skyrocket in price. The $100 one that I posted may get a bid from me, if the OP does not want it.
Yep. I agree with the last few posts regarding the FPV. I’ve got an MA2 and that’s for pictures , I’m NOT a professional photographer and it’s good enough for me. And yes , definitely a new way of looking/experiencing flight, it’s NOT like looking at your phone or tablet while you’re flying it (the FPV), like you do when flying a Mavic. Also, I bought a used non- working FPV, for parts at only $175. When they go extinct, or I have a bad crash, I’m gonna need that. Good luck.

Reactions: SWTSU and mavic3usa
Despite having several DJI drones the best buy I ever got was for the Xiaomi Fimi X8SE 2022 Drone for $295 at Banggood. Not sure how or why they had that low but I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. The range on this drone is amazing exceeding any of my 4 DJI drones and it's level 8 wind resistance works exceptionally well. The price has gone back up but I got two of them at that price and use them for risky flights where if I lose one the $$ loss is minimal compared to any of my DJI drones.

Reactions: SWTSU
Banggood has the Fimi X8SE 2022 for just $285 as of today (08-25-2023). For that price you get a drone that has remarkable distance, wind resistance, photographic ability and other drone features. It does not have sensors but serious drone fliers just don't need them. I have the TX10 five inch screen remote and the distance this drone makes exceeds all of my 4 DJI drones. You truly get a lot of drone for this remarkable low price. One of the many main reviewers of this drone, Gorillaman, stated that he uses his Fimi more than his DJI drones for the same reasons I do. I live on a lake and all of the activity is on the far side so I must get over there and back to shoot my desired videos. On several occasions I've exceeded a 4 mile flight range.

Banggood has the Fimi X8SE 2022 for just $285 as of today (08-25-2023). For that price you get a drone that has remarkable distance, wind resistance, photographic ability and other drone features. It does not have sensors but serious drone fliers just don't need them. I have the TX10 five inch screen remote and the distance this drone makes exceeds all of my 4 DJI drones. You truly get a lot of drone for this remarkable low price. One of the many main reviewers of this drone, Gorillaman, stated that he uses his Fimi more than his DJI drones for the same reasons I do. I live on a lake and all of the activity is on the far side so I must get over there and back to shoot my desired videos. On several occasions I've exceeded a 4 mile flight range.
As you would expect for this price they very quickly sold out. And I purchased another one for the price as a spare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis