DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buzz a naval vessel.

I replied with FAA/US rules because the OP's question was regarding a naval vessel and I sort of knew the answer from manned flying days. The OP didn't ask for any specific navy, or any specific authority. Had the OP asked specifically about Irish vessels, I would not have even responded.
If a US Naval vessel were in territorial waters of Ireland the laws of Ireland would be in effect, not those of the FAA. While a majority of the members of this forum are from the USA, there are many from Europe, Canada, and Australia with some from the rest of the world.
While most of the basic rules are the same or close to it, many others are vastly different and always quoting FAA regulations has no meaning when outside of the USA.

If a US Naval vessel were in territorial waters of Ireland the laws of Ireland would be in effect, not those of the FAA. While a majority of the members of this forum are from the USA, there are many from Europe, Canada, and Australia with some from the rest of the world.
While most of the basic rules are the same or close to it, many others are vastly different and always quoting FAA regulations has no meaning when outside of the USA.

Consider me properly chastised for trying to be helpful.

Reactions: MS Coast
Why spout FAA regulations to a person in Ireland? If you have to comment, at least research the regulations for their area so you speak from an informed position.
??

That is not my intent, and it is not just you. There are many that just automatically start quoting FAA regs for members that are flying in other countries and it has no bearing on them.

Just trying to stress that there are people from all over the world and it needs to be considered when answering a post.

Reactions: dirkclod
If I had a $1000 every time I heard "I'd post something here about it, but I don't want it to end up in the court records", I could buy an new Air 2S

My bad , should have been more specific . Just curious though , when one of your american warships comes into a US port , with all the flags outs , sailors in dress uniform lining the deck , not on active duty but a port visit , is it still a no fly policy around it ?

My bad , should have been more specific . Just curious though , when one of your american warships comes into a US port , with all the flags outs , sailors in dress uniform lining the deck , not on active duty but a port visit , is it still a no fly policy around it ?

Yes.

That's a handsome ship.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomcat1920