DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache enquiry

Dyso_70

Reactions
Hi there,
Does anybody know if the Mavic records in the back ground and saved to cache when not actually set to record??? Reason I ask this is that my Mavic Pro dropped out of the sky. I did all the usual pre flight checks the props were secured and reasonably new. The battery was full and I had good connection at the time, there was no magnetic interference and a slight wind as i was over a rock platform near the ocean.

I have sent the machine to DJI (what is left of it) to be analysed and hopefully replaced. The last email i received from DJI after it being on the bench for a week said, '

Hi Carl,
Thank you for your reply.
Being informed by the analysis team that you should have filmed the video while the accident happens.
Please kindly follow the instruction of the attached PDF to access it and send to us.

Now the link comprising of one screen shot (attached) is just short of useless to me...... any help would be great.

Carl

In a word, no. It will record to the MP card and the phone/tablet (if caching is turned on) simultaneously. If you were not recording at the time there will be no videos.

There will be flight data recorded on both the phone/tablet and the internal memory of the MP but you can't access the MP version if you have already sent it in.

Reactions: Dyso_70
In a word, no. It will record to the MP card and the phone/tablet (if caching is turned on) simultaneously. If you were not recording at the time there will be no videos.

There will be flight data recorded on both the phone/tablet and the internal memory of the MP but you can't access the MP version if you have already sent it in.

Thank you. I'm really hoping they replace the MP as they have looked at the flight data and I'm guessing there isn't a clear answer for the malfunction.

Reactions: SeaComms
I have seen in another post that battery voltage drop can cause the motors to shut down and restart at full throttle even though the battery is fully charged.. How can I see what my battery levels were in the flight log? Im not very good with computers and even though ive downloaded the files I dont have a program to make sense of them. I tried to upload them here but only my PDF files were available to upload??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly