DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate the compass after firmware update ?

No.

Question: Mine has never indicated calibration was necessary,
Before I got this thing I researched heck out of it and was led to believe I'd be doing "the drone dance" every flight.
I noticed my return was off several feet so I wondered if calibration would help even though calibration required isn't indicated.
I've also not been prompted to do the calibration where you lay it on its side and flop it around. Has calibration changed since earlier units or is this a different calibration?

Not sure, some seem to do Compass calibration every time,
Others only in a new location and the rest only when the App tells them to.
I think it pays every now and then to do it in an open area away from any possible interference.
Also when starting up check your position on the map and take note of which way the icon is pointing in the radar screen.
Make sure it lines up with the way the MP is facing.

If at all uncertain just look at the app indication.
If IMU or compass are not in the green it might be better for being done.
If done correctly it can't do any harm, if done incorrectly you might make it worse or even lose control.
I have seen some very strange interpretations of DJI's description of how to do Compass.
Worryingly the LED system usually suggests it was successful

Reactions: facasi
Firmware .0800 tested, NO compass calibration .. All good

Just got my Mavic and was trying to find out how to get to the compass calibration. The procedure in the manual doesn't bring up the option. Watching videos showing how to do it still gets the same...no option to calibrate.

Just got my Mavic and was trying to find out how to get to the compass calibration. The procedure in the manual doesn't bring up the option.
You can also calibrate the compass from here:

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass.jpg

Got a screenshot?

Hey, thanks for the help. I uninstalled and was reinstalling when I got confirmation that my iPad Mini 4 was delivered. Got it up and running and the calibration was right where it needed to be.

I was surprised that the Mavic didn't request calibration out of the box though. Flew fine that first day. Flew the same today after calibration.

Thanks for helping out. Much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan