DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card in Drone vs In My Tripltek 9

wmrichar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am new to drones. I just recently bought the DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo with the RC-N2. I am using a Tripltek 9 Pro with the controller. I have not yet flown the drone.

I thought I read somewhere, you can go without an SD card in the drone itself and just use the SD card in the Tripltek tablet to save video and photos to the tablet's SD card. Is that possible? If so, will the quality be the same?

Other than that question, I am ready to start flying. I've got the TRUST certificate and I've registered the drone with the FAA. I also have all necessary apps and firmware updates.

Thanks!

The drone needs to have an SD card to record images and video in 4K. You can record the screen on the Tripltek at the same time you are flying your drone, although, you will be recording what you see on the screen, including the telemetry and all other information on the screen.

Reactions: wmrichar
The drone needs to have an SD card to record images and video in 4K. You can record the screen on the Tripltek at the same time you are flying your drone, although, you will be recording what you see on the screen, including the telemetry and all other information on the screen.
Perfect. Thank you very much for the info. That answered my question.

I thought I read somewhere, you can go without an SD card in the drone itself and just use the SD card in the Tripltek tablet to save video and photos to the tablet's SD card. Is that possible? If so, will the quality be the same?
You can put a card in the controller, but there's no real need to.
The full-size images and video files will always be saved to the card in the drone.
There isn't enough bandwith in the controller signal to save full-size image and video files and fly the drone.
Anything saved to the controller will be much reduced cache images.

You can put a card in the controller, but there's no real need to.
The full-size images and video files will always be saved to the card in the drone.
There isn't enough bandwith in the controller signal to save full-size image and video files and fly the drone.
Anything saved to the controller will be much reduced cache images.
Unless you want to transfer the files to the Tripletek for viewing on it.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

The Air 3 has 8 GB internal storage. This is enough for many images but will fill up quickly with video. The Air 3 can use a SD card up to 512 GB. I keep several SD Cards on hand and use separate cards for each job. As mentioned, you can transfer the files to the Tripltek for viewing but I never bother doing that. I wait to transfer them to an external drive on my PC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1