DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration & Thermal Camera Certificate (M3T)

JCDiaz

Reactions
A couple of clients have asked for a certificate and/or calibration test for the M3T. Seems none of those can be done nor obtained (DJI version). Any ideas of how could a thermal certificate be done for the M3T camera?

I have only really seen these with handheld FLIR and other US-made thermal cameras. Also with handheld cameras, it is best practice to annually calibrate your camera. This did not happen though with FLIR sUAS thermal cameras.

I would highly doubt if you can even get the original calibration document (If it exists) for our Chinese-sourced thermal cameras.

More information from FLIR

Are you conducting quantitative analysis for these clients along with filling in all of the required parameters such as temp, Tflec, humidity, and distance? If not, a qualitative analysis most likely will not need proof of accuracy along those lines.

To directly answer your question, I do not see any possibility of this unless it is by DJI and the thermal core manufacturer and I have never seen this service offered or hinted at.