DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera can't be controlled, SD card not detected.......

WaterBeast

Reactions
Hi
I am a relatively new Mavic Pro user, around 50-100 flights (all successful and no crashes.... yet!).
Around one week ago a new firmware was advised on the DJI4 Go App (I use android), so I set it to upgrade which took muliptiple attempts (for no apparent reason), finally after a few days of re-trying it finally has upgraded today and now allows me to fly the Mavic, but I am unable to access any camera settings from the android app. I can go into the settings and try to set White Balance (as an example), but when I try to change from AWB (Auto White Balance), the setting will not change, it just stays at AWB? Also I can no longer focus the camera, it is stuck in an out of focus setting and no amount of screen touching or button pressing (I have one of the buttons set to Centre Auto Focus) will focus the camera? Also the warning "no SD" card is also showing on the main screen? I have tried entering the settings further and hit "Format SD Card" but a warning then pops-up advising there is no SD Card (which there actually is and I have removed and re-fitted just in-case).
Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Mine was working fine until DJI slipped a buggy upgrade past me. Downgrade to your last working Go 4 version and ignore upgrade advisements. DJI has a habit of releasing buggy software. Also set your device to not upgrade automatically.

Thanks for your suggestion Mossiback. Can I ask for a tip on how to downgrade to the earlier firmware, I have no idea how to get started, but I am computer literate!

I have now deleted the App from my phone and downloaded the earlier version, can anyone please guide me through how to set the App not to upgrade in the future?

I have now deleted the App from my phone and downloaded the earlier version, can anyone please guide me through how to set the App not to upgrade in the future?
I believe that if you look at an app that you have installed in Google Play, will provide the option to remove auto-update.

You can prevent Google Play from automatically updating your apps like this:

Android-Prevent-Auto-App-Updates.jpg

Ok Thanks, I figured I would just need to stop the DJI App updating, I don't really want to stop every App in my phone from not updating?
Also after installing the earlier version of the DJI4 App (V4.1.5 that was recommended above) I still cannot use the camera on the Mavic, it doesn't focus and I cannot change any settings on the camera (everything seems frozen at defaults), also the SD card is not detected (these were all my original problems when I opened this thread).
I am struggling to know what to do next, my Mavic Pro has turned from being my best purchase in 2017 to a non-working piece of crap all with one software upgrade, this is worse than the Windows 10 experience!

I cringe every time I read the word upgrade.
I'm starting to think they should just call it a sucker test.

Reactions: Flycaster
Ok Thanks, I figured I would just need to stop the DJI App updating, I don't really want to stop every App in my phone from not updating?
Also after installing the earlier version of the DJI4 App (V4.1.5 that was recommended above) I still cannot use the camera on the Mavic, it doesn't focus and I cannot change any settings on the camera (everything seems frozen at defaults), also the SD card is not detected (these were all my original problems when I opened this thread).
I am struggling to know what to do next, my Mavic Pro has turned from being my best purchase in 2017 to a non-working piece of crap all with one software upgrade, this is worse than the Windows 10 experience!

Your description is the same problem in every detail I'm having.
Mine started out of the blue. Did not update and havent for several months. Been using litchi for months without any trouble. Made a program and went outside to fly it, and after takeoff I got a partial picture, changing brightness, then no pic. I hit return home and it did. from then on haven't been able to get camera to work right. No camera info on controller either. the gimble is intermittent as is the SD card reader. In desperation I updated to the latest firmware after many attempts. used different cables, SD cards, and displays. Removed covers to check camera cable connections. Nothing helps, hate to send back for repair.
Did you find a fix for this or does anyone else have a fix, I've recal gimble and IMU, reset camera also.

Hi dickniehues
I did find a fix about 5 minutes ago, I had tried everything possible to fix this over the last 4 weeks. But all suggestions from the great people on this forum and my own attempts all failed!
Then I saw on the first screen when connecting to the Mavic in DJI4 Go that there was a warning at the very bottom of the screen showing "Gimbal Disconnected", initially I thought this was just another symptom of the DJI go4 App not connecting to the Mavic's camera.
Now ready to pack the Mavic into its original box and return it the DJI agent in Australia. I removed the micro SD card (the orginal one supplied with the Mavic) and thought I would try one last little thing, and that was to replace the card with another micro SD card that I had just formatted on my laptop.
I turned everything back on again and suddenly now I can connect to the camera and everything is back working, including the Gimbal warning is now back to normal.
So a faulty SD card can cause this crazy symptom! I formatted the original micro SD card (the DJI Mavic supplied one) and now it works fine as well, perhaps it had a corrupt file, who knows but now it, and the Mavic all work fine... HOORAY :)
Hope this helps someone else with the same problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King