DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera freaks out and resets mid-flight

50Devastator

Reactions
Twice in the last week I have had the camera go berserk mid-flight. Anybody else have the same scenario and what was the cause/fix?

Situation:
Flying in GPS mode with ~16 satellites at about 100m altitude, miles from even the nearest house.
Recording in 4k 24fps
DJI goggles viewing in 720p
Calm to zero wind
Ambient temperature was about 20 F the first time, about 35 F the second, not sure if that has anything to do with it
About 10 minutes into each flight the camera tilts rapidly up/down, left/right, recording stops and camera settings go back to ISO 200 with 1/100 shutter (essentially a whiteout)
Lasts about 5 seconds, then manually change camera settings and return to home with elevated heart rate

While using the goggles, it looks like the Mavic is in a free fall for those ~3-5 seconds, but I can't tell if it's the camera or the machine. I probably have about 100 hours on the machine and don't recall this happening before.
I don't know how to pull the log files, or even what I would be looking for if I did.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Enter "gimbal reset" (with quotes) in the search box to get many conversations about this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel