DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera/Gimbal issues out of the box

TMoney

Reactions
Nothing more frustrating than saving up for a new gadget and have it be defective out of the box. Took my new Mavic up and on the first flight got a gimbal motor overload and extremely jello looking video.

Contacted DJI straight away. They saw the video and immediately said to return it. So it's off to ground shipping across the country. I'm grateful they are going to replace the whole bundle but man for the amount of money you spend on these I would think they could do a little better than ground shipping.

That sucks, the only upside is you have a perfect example of
"Jello" Video if somebody, new today fotum doesn't understand what it is.

Nothing more frustrating than saving up for a new gadget and have it be defective out of the box. Took my new Mavic up and on the first flight got a gimbal motor overload and extremely jello looking video.

Contacted DJI straight away. They saw the video and immediately said to return it. So it's off to ground shipping across the country. I'm grateful they are going to replace the whole bundle but man for the amount of money you spend on these I would think they could do a little better than ground shipping.

Yep it could be better, but at least its free return shipping right? I hope they get a replacement out to you soon. It will probably be a replacement unit, and different serial number, so if you havent sent it out yet, make a note of your original serial number in case you need it for some reason such as a refresh. Its under the battery and on the box.

Yep it could be better, but at least its free return shipping right? I hope they get a replacement out to you soon. It will probably be a replacement unit, and different serial number, so if you havent sent it out yet, make a note of your original serial number in case you need it for some reason such as a refresh. Its under the battery and on the box.

I was wondering if would be a replacement unit. I contacted them twice to make sure I was understanding correctly because they told me me to send everything back. Not just the Mavic itself.

This is 1 of the reason you need a registry here on the board.
If you just receive a B-New MP and it's defective and you/we need to send it back in, how do we know that they are not sending you/us a Refurb unit?
There's no proof that they are doing that, but who knows ( it's only cos t like > $1K, right,hard earned $$$$ for some of us)?

FINALLY got quad back from DJI this past Friday. Sent back a new sealed Mavic. The batteries and everything else that come in the bundle were the original ones that came in the bundle. This one seems to be fine after about an hour of flying.

Reactions: CaveDrone
I was about to post about this too, as my footage looks like jello. This was my first flight so I am still learning, but I know the footage shouldn't look like this. I did remove the gimbal clamp but kept the camera bubble on while I am in training mode. Do you think I need to send it back?

TMoney - you said it was "fine" after an hour of flying. Should I expect this problem will work itself out, or should I send it back to DJI? I also had an error on the app while flying - something about the gimbal.

I appreciate the forum and resource of your collective knowledge.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne