DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have two issues with DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I have two issues with DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8…

I have not flown my DJI Mini 2 in a while and I updated the software to Version 1.12.8 on my three devices that I often fly with: my Android Smartphone, a Motorola Moto G, and my two Samsung Android tablets: Galaxy A8 and the Galaxy S2. In the past all three have worked perfectly.

However, on the two tablets. When I launch the DJI Fly App the screen locks up with the following display. The is not way to go anywhere with this screen, no hot spot, and I can only get out of this is by stopping the App. I have rebooted both tablets numerous times and when I launch the App, it immediately goes to this screen and locks up…

Screenshot_20240219-135436.png

Anybody have suggestions before I try reloading the software???

However, the Motorola Smartphone is able to get past this screen and gives me this new Welcome screen as indicated (no more ocean scene…).

Screenshot_20240219-173811.png

When I tap Connection Guide, it loads and allows me to go to the Normal Camera view and I am able to fly normally…

If I tap the Search Box, I can bring up the DJI Maps at the specified location.

The Before You Fly Box indicates that I live in an "Enhanced Warning Zone" to my proximity to an Air Force Base and In International Airport, both have only required me to Tap the Agree button and Confirm.

But if I Tap that box, it brings up a map of downtown Beijing…

So for this issue, are there any instruction videos on the use of this new version?

Follow Up. On the DJI Forum Website, others are also having this problem and They do not intens to fix it as the reasonis that these devices were approved in the first place. Oh they worked just fine for years but not with the latest updates as provided by V1.12.8

I have sucessfully loaded the previous version V1.12.6 and my devices wrk fine, again...

This is what "DJI Gamora" the Administrator posted to another member...

Thank you for your update and sorry to hear about this situation. It is shown that your mobile device is a Lenovo Tab P11, and the DJI FLY app occurs during use. The technical assessment result shows that this model cannot be used normally as the mobile device system/hardware is not supported. Currently, we have no plan to update the compatibility of this device. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We recommend you to use devices under the compatibility list that pass our tests and evaluations for compatibility to obtain a better operating experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: Jared69 and KLRSKIR
Good News, I now have DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8 working on my Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 and the S2. When I first upgraded from Ver. 1.12.6 to the newer version, both tablets locked up with near Black Screen with just a hint of a Ghostly image of what should have appeared.

I contacted "DJI Gamora" an Administrator on the DJI Forum Web Site and Gamora recommended I try changing the "Zoom Level" on my devices…

Initially I was skeptical, but I gave it a try and "Lo 'n Behold" it worked… The A8 had Ver. 1.12.8 on it and it froze every time I launched it… However, after I changed the Zoom Level, the DJI App launched normally and runs perfectly…

The S2 had the older Ver. 1.12.6 on it, and after I changed its Zoom Level, I launched that one and the older App Asked to upgrade to the newer version and I OK'd it, the App upgraded and it also Launched the new App correctly and it also runs perfectly.

I only had to make a few changes on the DJI Fly App Menus. On the Control Menu, I Change the Units from Metric to Imperial and I chose the Larger Text in Display Zoom. Even the Upward movement of the Gimbal was still enabled… On the Camera Menu, I had to reselect the Gridlines as all were turned off.

Oh, one additionally point, I asked Gamora if DJI maintained a directory of past versions so that customers who experience issues with a new version can go to get an Official Release of the DJI Software and was informed the DJI does not do that and they recommend all customers run the latest software releases to enjoy the better operating experiences and latest enhancements.

In the Graphic below, The Tablet's Zoom Control is in the Setup Menu of the Tablet, under the Display section. I increased the Zoom by one "notch" from position to "A" to position "B"

Screenshot_20240225_215327_Settings.jpg

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Good News, I now have DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8 working on my Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 and the S2. When I first upgraded from Ver. 1.12.6 to the newer version, both tablets locked up with near Black Screen with just a hint of a Ghostly image of what should have appeared.

I contacted "DJI Gamora" an Administrator on the DJI Forum Web Site and Gamora recommended I try changing the "Zoom Level" on my devices…

Initially I was skeptical, but I gave it a try and "Lo 'n Behold" it worked… The A8 had Ver. 1.12.8 on it and it froze every time I launched it… However, after I changed the Zoom Level, the DJI App launched normally and runs perfectly…

The S2 had the older Ver. 1.12.6 on it, and after I changed its Zoom Level, I launched that one and the older App Asked to upgrade to the newer version and I OK'd it, the App upgraded and it also Launched the new App correctly and it also runs perfectly.

I only had to make a few changes on the DJI Fly App Menus. On the Control Menu, I Change the Units from Metric to Imperial and I chose the Larger Text in Display Zoom. Even the Upward movement of the Gimbal was still enabled… On the Camera Menu, I had to reselect the Gridlines as all were turned off.

Oh, one additionally point, I asked Gamora if DJI maintained a directory of past versions so that customers who experience issues with a new version can go to get an Official Release of the DJI Software and was informed the DJI does not do that and they recommend all customers run the latest software releases to enjoy the better operating experiences and latest enhancements.

In the Graphic below, The Tablet's Zoom Control is in the Setup Menu of the Tablet, under the Display section. I increased the Zoom by one "notch" from position to "A" to position "B"

View attachment 172943
Gavin HR maintains a public Fly archive. Completely free and safe!
DJI FLY APP - Gavin HR

Gavin HR maintains a public Fly archive.
Thank you for posting that again, perhaps others like yourself missed that fact that I posted that link in my Second posting on 20 February…

Subsequent to that posting, @msinger also noted that the all versions are also stored here.

And for all, remember DJI does not publish a location in which you can get DJI supplied older versionsof their Apps. They prefer that the customers use the latest version.

Thank you for posting that again, perhaps others like yourself missed that fact that I posted that link in my Second posting on 20 February…

Subsequent to that posting, @msinger also noted that the all versions are also stored here.

And for all, remember DJI does not publish a location in which you can get DJI supplied older versionsof their Apps. They prefer that the customers use the latest version.
Yep, I missed it. But it never hurts to repeat this type of information.

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor