DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app and Android 9 can't remove popup

Time2Party

Reactions
Hi,

I use a new device (phone) for my drone, Huawei 20 with Android 9 before Huawei 9 with android 7.

It’s a MP and the app is version 4.1.09 and I try 4.1.22 , on both the same problem with Android 9.

If I start the remote and the app everything is ok, the app screen is normal.

When I connect the MP there is a popup with the “aircraft status”, before on old android I just can push the “x” in the right corner end the popup is gone.

On the new device with the Android 9 I cant close because the “x” is out of the screen so I can’t close this popup.

The app is working and I can fly bat can’t see because of the popup is staying for the app’s screen.

Have try too change the screen resolutions and the pixels bat nothing helps.

Somebody any idee how to remove this popup or disable this popup of coming?

I will try to add a picture.

Thanks.

Reactions: Cafguy
Welcome to the forum!- Beautiful country Belgium.
Have you tried updating the App thru the DJI website also you may try deleting and reloading the app. I normally tell people NOT to use their "App Store" to do any updating or downloading of DJI Apps..

I have used Huawei P20, P30 and P30Pro with no problem, but with newer versions of Go4 app.
You are using a very old version of DJI Go4, the latest version is 4.3.60. Try installing a more recent version.
Important: Only download it from DJI.com - not from Google or Apple appstore.

Welcome to the forum!- Beautiful country Belgium.
Have you tried updating the App thru the DJI website also you may try deleting and reloading the app. I normally tell people NOT to use their "App Store" to do any updating or downloading of DJI Apps..
Why would you tell people to install their Apps from DJI rather from the App Store? Apps from the Store are supposed to be checked by the phone manufacturer but going through DJI they may not be and Malware may get installed on your device!

Reactions: Cafguy and mswlogo
Why would you tell people to install their Apps from DJI rather from the App Store? Apps from the Store are supposed to be checked by the phone manufacturer but going through DJI they may not be and Malware may get installed on your device!
Because DJI Go4 and DJI Fly are not available from Google play appstore, only from DJI download center. Of course they are safe!

Hi,

I use a new device (phone) for my drone, Huawei 20 with Android 9 before Huawei 9 with android 7.

It’s a MP and the app is version 4.1.09 and I try 4.1.22 , on both the same problem with Android 9.

When I connect the MP there is a popup with the “aircraft status”, before on old android I just can push the “x” in the right corner end the popup is gone.

On the new device with the Android 9 I cant close because the “x” is out of the screen so I can’t close this popup.

The app is working and I can fly bat can’t see because of the popup is staying for the app’s screen.

Thanks.
DJI isn’t very good at UI nuances.

I forget how it’s done on Android but you can adjust Font size or Zoom on the whole phone. A well designed app will work correctly on any system font or zoom. A poorly designed (and tested one) will have problems like you are having.

I’ve noticed scaling issues on both iPhone and RC Pro with DJI Fly.

One major reason is The two app stores "approval" process. For instance when you download an upgrade from the app store You are getting the upgrade that the store has approved for download- If during this approval process, DJI finds something wrong with the code already in the approval "system", - They would have to resubmit the new code to be approved, and this will cause the customer even more problems or delays - A good example of this would be DJI's latest problem with the fly update download thru the APP Stores that was giving their customers 108 errors. In order to correct the error you needed to get the "revised" code update only available directly from the DJI website.
DJI is very vigilant with their web security and I have never heard of ANYONE getting malware from an authorized DJI download.

Hello to all,

The new app like 4.3.60 is no problem bat I like to use the old versions because of NFZ an FCC.
I have try to change the font size bat still the same problem.
The app on its own is working perfect I just need to get off this popup when you connect the MP.

The DJI Apps directly from DJI store may not be vetted like the ones from the App Store and may contain malware and spyware.
Why would you think your app stores "vetting" procedures are any better than any other companies -Like DJI?
Plus if you could point us in the direction of ONE instance where a DJI direct download caused Malware issues, then I may see your point. BUT- If you are letting the Apple or Google store dictate your drone updates I would prepare yourself for some unusual problems down the road.

Why would you think your app stores "vetting" procedures are any better than any other companies -Like DJI?
Plus if you could point us in the direction of ONE instance where a DJI direct download caused Malware issues, then I may see your point. BUT- If you are letting the Apple or Google store dictate your drone updates I would prepare yourself for some unusual problems down the road.
It’s going to happen anyway! A lot of companies want to have the ability to side load their Apps without going thru the App Stores! But then, I remember when the President was in town and my Mavic Pro wouldn’t even take off due to flight restrictions but my Skydio 2 did and I completed the Shoot!

Hello to all,

The new app like 4.3.60 is no problem bat I like to use the old versions because of NFZ an FCC.
I have try to change the font size bat still the same problem.
The app on its own is working perfect I just need to get off this popup when you connect the MP.
So you are saying that your problem is solved with a newer version of DJI GO?

If you have "hacked" NFZ and FCC with Drone-Hacks, it will still work with newer versions of DJI Go.
I use Go4 3.48 with no problem with DH still working.

One major reason is The two app stores "approval" process. For instance when you download an upgrade from the app store You are getting the upgrade that the store has approved for download- If during this approval process, DJI finds something wrong with the code already in the approval "system", - They would have to resubmit the new code to be approved, and this will cause the customer even more problems or delays - A good example of this would be DJI's latest problem with the fly update download thru the APP Stores that was giving their customers 108 errors. In order to correct the error you needed to get the "revised" code update only available directly from the DJI website.
DJI is very vigilant with their web security and I have never heard of ANYONE getting malware from an authorized DJI download.
I’ve never heard of a major company having issues with using the proper App Store release model.

There are many ways to deal with managing risk from bugs. I deal with it daily.

Tesla app goes through the app stores. And it’s the key to your car.

I’ve corrected releases within 24 hrs in both app stores. Not a big deal.

Hi,

Thanks.
Reduce the font size on your device. That way the 'close' button should end up inside the screen frame. This worked for me.

I’ve never heard of a major company having issues with using the proper App Store release model.

There are many ways to deal with managing risk from bugs. I deal with it daily.

Tesla app goes through the app stores. And it’s the key to your car.

I’ve corrected releases within 24 hrs in both app stores. Not a big deal.
It has nothing to do with bugs. It has to do with Play Store APK packaging format.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne