DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI monitor app for android

jmc667

Reactions
Hi guys. I looked but could not find info here. I have the mini 4 pro w/ RC2 controller and a Samsung TabA8 tablet. I saw a video on Youtube about sharing your screen while flying, although the app he used was for mac. Is anyone doing this with an android tablet. I have the Ugreen brand cables to hook up tablet to controller. Just need to know how to get the screen on the tablet.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: fordag
Hi guys. I looked but could not find info here. I have the mini 4 pro w/ RC2 controller and a Samsung TabA8 tablet. I saw a video on Youtube about sharing your screen while flying, although the app he used was for mac. Is anyone doing this with an android tablet. I have the Ugreen brand cables to hook up tablet to controller. Just need to know how to get the screen on the tablet.
Thanks in advance
USB Camera Pro should do the job.

I am using it for my analog USB receiver only. And even with Cardboard goggles there. For HDMI from my PC (for flight simulators) I am using the Rockid glasses.

I tried it GerdS, but it said my HDMI to USB-c cable was too long. (6.6 feet long). I ordered a shorter cable. And very good on your usage of the app.

You should keep the USB cables as short as possible. If you need more distance then use a longer HDMI cable between the converters instead.

I have half gotten it working.

My equipment:
Mini 4 Pro
RC2
Samsung Tab S9+
j5 Create 4K HDMI to USB-C Capture Adapter JVA11
j5 Create 4K HDMI to USB-C Adapter JCA153W
HDMI 4K male to male 6' cable
"USB Camera Pro" android app

Following instructions from Reddit u/Studio_DSL I start the USB Camera app on my tablet, then plug in the JVA11 to the tablet. Then I plug in the HDMI cable to that and the JCA153W to that, then I plug that adapter into the RC2 and then I power on the RC2. Then give the prompts in the app permission to connect and I get the feed from my RC2 on the tablet.

If I don't do things in that order, I get nothing.

The issues I have had:
The feed only lasts a few seconds. It seems to stay linked if I move the drone around (my first setup was at my desk so wasn't flying.) Motion detection in the app is set to off. I tried to record the feed in the app but I only recorded about 2 seconds of what should have been a 15 second recording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N