DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera lens cover

rayfoster3

Reactions
Am getting light bars at certain heading from the sun. Could this be caused by the front clear camera cover?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You shouldn't fly with the plastic cover on. It obstructs the front air intake which will make the Mavic run hotter than normal and may degrade the life of the drone. It also will cause reflections and lens flares if you're shooting into the sun.

Reactions: Robbyg
Am getting light bars at certain heading from the sun. Could this be caused by the front clear camera cover?

If you are shooting into the sun and the sun is at a particular angle, the "light bars" you are seeing are probably prop shadows as the props spin. Try to shoot with the sun at 90° to the left or right of the Mavic, or behind it. AND ... it could also be caused by the clear bubble if you're using it.

Didn't have the clear bubble installed, was wondering if it might be caused by the clear cover on the camera it's self. Should that be removed?

Didn't have the clear bubble installed, was wondering if it might be caused by the clear cover on the camera it's self. Should that be removed?

Do NOT remove! That clear filter is on there to protect the lens element from any scratches, etc. Can U post an picture of what U are seeing? That way we all know 4 sure what U are talking about. ;-)
Still ... Keep the sun BEHIND you when possible to avoid lens flare issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne