DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera twirling and flipping around randomly

umneycreep

Reactions
I've had the Mavic Pro for a couple of months now and it has been randomly doing weird camera flips and twirls. The first time I saw it happen I thought it was crashing. I've tried upgrading/downgrading firmware... I've tried all the calibrations in DJI Assistant and it just keeps getting worse... it's basically not flyable at this point. Here are a couple of videos of what it is doing:

If anyone has any ideas of something I can try to fix this issue I would appreciate it.
Thanks for any help!

Check if your gimbal plate is properly secured.
Right after the wobbly video, looks like your gimbal is freaking out (known issue) but the wobbling is something else.

Your gimbal is doing a mid-flight reset/calibration. What firmware are you using? I also noticed that when you are idle/hovering, there is no vibration. Im thinking that you have a problem with your gimbal flat ribbon cable. Are you getting a gimbal motor overload or obstructed message?

Reactions: umneycreep
this seems to be a common problem... but so far appears random. I see this once in a while with a new Mavic. After the first time... i learned to just take a breath and let go of the controls (not the controller :) for 5 seconds. I wonder if it has anything to do with interference.

Your gimbal is doing a mid-flight reset/calibration. What firmware are you using? I also noticed that when you are idle/hovering, there is no vibration. Im thinking that you have a problem with your gimbal flat ribbon cable. Are you getting a gimbal motor overload or obstructed message?

Oh yeah I never realized that... that is what it is doing. It used to happen so rarely that I could live with it but now it does it about every minute or so... so it's really hard to fly... I don't know it's really random and I've tried different things to see if I could trigger it. It does seem to only happen in Video mode.The flat ribbon cable seems to be securely connected...

Last edited:
As above .... it's warranty time ...

Guy on ebay says

If the camera is out of sight, the damage is on signal cable(dense cable); if the camera has sight but the gyroscope doesn't work properly(which might cause the IMU keep rebooting), the damage is on the ribbon flex cable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13