DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t find images

Thank you for the info. I believe i have my drone set to save on the micro sd card, but i will double check this.
Write all this up as part of the learning curve mate, go through the FLY app menu and use the camera settings tab to format the microSD card while it's IN the drone. I always format the card like this three or four times on the trot, personal habit. A single quick format leaves random data in the free space and I like to make certain everything is cleared out.
Start fresh with your next flight and remember the advice in this thread about transferring photo's and video directly from the microSD card with it slotted into your computer's card reader. Transfer them from the SD cards DCIM folder into a new folder every time and name each folder with the date and shoot location.

Reactions: funflyer
I did use a SIM card i had formatted with my pc. I now know that is a nono.
There's nothing wrong with formatting your SD card (a sim card is something completely different) in the computer.
Format it wherever is convenient for you, because it doesn't matter.
No matter how many times people might say that you must format in the drone, this is just myth.

Thank you for the info. I believe i have my drone set to save on the micro sd card, but i will double check this.
Not sure if your read all the other replies in this thread you started. I did post an easy step by step means to check your SD card back in message #9.

The Mini 2 has no internal storage, that did not show up until the Mini 3 series and later..

So if you look in the Camera settings in DJI Fly, this is all your'll see..
1697924974489.png
If you ever get a newer Mini model,, you'll be able to select whether to format the internal storage or the SD card.

So now your back to just checking your SD card, assuming you have not formatted it, any picture or video you've ever taken is still on the SD Card, If you remove it from the drone and mount it on your computer following my previous instructions, you'll be able to copy all the pictures and videos from the DCIM\100MEDIA folder.

If the folder is empty, you reformatted the card and you already lost what you were looking for. The Thumbnail you see in the log page is part of the log data, stored somewhere else and its not remotely close to being a quality picture..

You can view the YouTube video and try the Quick Transfer procedure of viewing your pictures and video and save them to your phone or tablet that you have DJI Fly installed on. However you can do pretty much the same thing by starting your Mini and loading DJI Fly with it connected to the remote controller like your going to "Fly" and view the "Album" from the DJI Fly Home screen..(where you will see"Go Fly" Button) when the app first loads.

From the Album, you can chose to copy your pictures and videos to your phone or tablet, just like using Quick Transfer.

The bottomline here, is whatever method you chose to use the data has to be on your SD card, if its been formatted, its gone and not coming back. Go out and take some new pictures and video with your Mini and go through one of the means to retrieve your work to your device or computer for viewing.

Reactions: Meta4
I forgot the most important question. Do you use a windows PC/laptop? Or a Mac? Mac's can have difficulty recognizing the format used in android devices.
The Mac can view most any disk format, there are probably some exceptions, a Droid device, like many others probably uses Fat32 or ExFAT, which the Mac can read and write to Just fine.

The Mac can read NTFS, but cannot write to a disk formatted that way without other software installed, the Mac thinks it's locked. But most if not all memory cards start off as Fat32 and most devices use them formatted that way..

Reactions: Meta4
Not sure if your read all the other replies in this thread you started. I did post an easy step by step means to check your SD card back in message #9.

The Mini 2 has no internal storage, that did not show up until the Mini 3 series and later..

So if you look in the Camera settings in DJI Fly, this is all your'll see..
View attachment 169390
If you ever get a newer Mini model,, you'll be able to select whether to format the internal storage or the SD card.

So now your back to just checking your SD card, assuming you have not formatted it, any picture or video you've ever taken is still on the SD Card, If you remove it from the drone and mount it on your computer following my previous instructions, you'll be able to copy all the pictures and videos from the DCIM\100MEDIA folder.

If the folder is empty, you reformatted the card and you already lost what you were looking for. The Thumbnail you see in the log page is part of the log data, stored somewhere else and its not remotely close to being a quality picture..

You can view the YouTube video and try the Quick Transfer procedure of viewing your pictures and video and save them to your phone or tablet that you have DJI Fly installed on. However you can do pretty much the same thing by starting your Mini and loading DJI Fly with it connected to the remote controller like your going to "Fly" and view the "Album" from the DJI Fly Home screen..(where you will see"Go Fly" Button) when the app first loads.

From the Album, you can chose to copy your pictures and videos to your phone or tablet, just like using Quick Transfer.

The bottomline here, is whatever method you chose to use the data has to be on your SD card, if its been formatted, its gone and not coming back. Go out and take some new pictures and video with your Mini and go through one of the means to retrieve your work to your device or computer for viewing.
Thank you so much for your input!

Yes, I have reformatted my card and all seems to be ok now. Question: Is it possible to get rid of the images left in the cache?

Yes, I have reformatted my card and all seems to be ok now. Question: Is it possible to get rid of the images left in the cache?
The cache over-writes itself as it's limited in size and if i recall, you can adjust the amount of cache in settings. So there probably isn't a need to be concerned about that..

When you take pictures and videos as you fly they are of course saved to your drone's SD card, which then after your done, you can follow the previously noted steps to save those images and videos to your computer or other storage for editing.

Generally I've rarely had to edit pictures if properly exposed , though there is always room for tweaking, Videos on the other hand, usually always need editing, you fly for perhaps several minutes recording all the way and not all that video maybe your primary subject, so you edit it for time and focus on the good sections of the video, add sound and perhaps upload results to YouTube to share... have fun flying.