DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t find images

funflyer

Reactions
I have a mini 2. When taking photos, at times, I have a hard time finding these images. Just took a photo and the only place I could find it was in the DJI app in the flight data center. From there I could look at the photo, but do nothing else. My drone is paired with an iphone 14 pro. What am i doing wrong?

I have a mini 2. When taking photos, at times, I have a hard time finding these images. Just took a photo and the only place I could find it was in the DJI app in the flight data center. From there I could look at the photo, but do nothing else. My drone is paired with an iphone 14 pro. What am i doing wrong?
All microSD cards come with an adapter. You pop the microSD card out of the back of the drone, slide it into the adapter and then insert the adapter into the SD card reader in your PC, or laptop. The drive folder opens on your screen. Click on the top folder in the window, and there are all your photo's. Highlight all of them, right click the mouse and choose 'copy'. Open the pictures folder on your desktop and right click again. This time choose 'paste'. Bingo!

Once it's finished copying all the pictures, take the microSD card out of the adapter, put it back into the drone and the next time you boot the drone up, format the memory card.

Thank you Felix, I’ll try that. I always thought you could also accomplish this by leaving the card in my drone and connecting my drone via usb cable to my PC. I must be wrong. Another question for you: Can i get video’s to record/transfer immediately to my phone liabrary? Thank you.

I still cannot find the photo from original post. It is in my DJI flight log, but nowhere else and not on the card. I am stilled stumped.

I still cannot find the photo from original post. It is in my DJI flight log, but nowhere else and not on the card. I am stilled stumped.
If you have taken the micro sd card out and put it into your computer and you don't see folders in there with pictures inside something is oddly amiss and about all I could suggest is putting the card back in the drone, formatting it, (it will wipe out anything on there so ....) and then taking a picture with the drone and putting THAT in your computer to check. I'm not sure what your flight log has to do with this. Your flight logs are not visible on the micro sd card when you put it in the computer so that doesn't mean much at all. There kinda has to be a folder...DCIM or some such nonsense that should have the picture in it after you remove the Micro SD card and insert it into your computer for viewing. If it's not there your drone has a problem or your computer is angry with you or there is something wrong with the micro sd card... or you need computer lessons or ....dunno! :). best of luck...

I don't want to make this seem like your overlooking something obvious, but here are some more visual steps that you may have already done...

As noted above, remove the Micro SD card from your mini 2
1697817297084.png
Insert the Micro SD card into an adaptor if needed, You should have gotten one when you bought a memory card
1697817433047.png
Install the card into your reader, whether its a slot on your computer or whether your using a USB Card reader like this example
1697817522964.png

Once the card is mounted on your computer, navigate to it from the Finder (Mac) or Explorer(Windows) and look for the DCIM folder, under it there is a 100MEDIA folder, and in that folder all the pictures and video you may have taken on a flight will be stored and you can copy them to your computer for editing or archiving.. Once done, as noted, put the card back into your Mini 2.

This of course all assumes that the picture in question was not previously deleted from your card manually or by erasing the card.

Hope this helps..

about all I could suggest is putting the card back in the drone, formatting it, (it will wipe out anything on there so ....) an
Before you do that, using the computer run a seach on the card for "DJI JPG".
Copy the contents of the card to the folder before you format it.

• Love
Reactions: mobilehomer
I forgot the most important question. Do you use a windows PC/laptop? Or a Mac? Mac's can have difficulty recognising the format used in android devices.

Depending on the goal, the QuickTransfer process moves them to your phone or tablet if you have DJI Fly installed on the device you intend to store all your videos and images on.

The Pro to this is, as noted, its pretty quick and convenient, the Con to this is, the device needs to have a lot of free storage, if you take lots of photos on flights or a couple 4K videos of any length, you can consume all the storage on that device pretty quick.

You can pick and chose if I recall which items to transfer, however they still can take up a lot of space and eventually you'd need to move them to a computer that has lots more storage presumably at some point to free up space on that QuickTransfer device.

Perhaps its easier to move them from a phone or tablet then extracting the SD Card and mounting it on your computer, but you might wind up doing that anyway.

I don't want to make this seem like your overlooking something obvious, but here are some more visual steps that you may have already done...

As noted above, remove the Micro SD card from your mini 2
View attachment 169354
Insert the Micro SD card into an adaptor if needed, You should have gotten one when you bought a memory card
View attachment 169355
Install the card into your reader, whether its a slot on your computer or whether your using a USB Card reader like this example
View attachment 169356

Once the card is mounted on your computer, navigate to it from the Finder (Mac) or Explorer(Windows) and look for the DCIM folder, under it there is a 100MEDIA folder, and in that folder all the pictures and video you may have taken on a flight will be stored and you can copy them to your computer for editing or archiving.. Once done, as noted, put the card back into your Mini 2.

This of course all assumes that the picture in question was not previously deleted from your card manually or by erasing the card.

Hope this helps..
Really good step-by-step. Nice one.

Do you have the drone set to save to the internal memory, or a Micro SD card? And, is there a Micro SD inserted (if there isn't, it will default save to the onboard memory).

The drone saves photos on the aircraft. The DJI Fly app merely previews them, while connected to the aircraft.

If you save them locally in DJI Fly, you will be copying them to your controller device (iphone is what you said you're using). You will be able to see them in DJI Fly after the aircraft is disconnected. You may be able to find them in a folder on the device as well, I'm not familiar with iPhones.

As others have said, the easiest thing is to remove the Micro SD card and read it directly from your computer, using the supplied adapter and a card reader.

If you have taken the micro sd card out and put it into your computer and you don't see folders in there with pictures inside something is oddly amiss and about all I could suggest is putting the card back in the drone, formatting it, (it will wipe out anything on there so ....) and then taking a picture with the drone and putting THAT in your computer to check. I'm not sure what your flight log has to do with this. Your flight logs are not visible on the micro sd card when you put it in the computer so that doesn't mean much at all. There kinda has to be a folder...DCIM or some such nonsense that should have the picture in it after you remove the Micro SD card and insert it into your computer for viewing. If it's not there your drone has a problem or your computer is angry with you or there is something wrong with the micro sd card... or you need computer lessons or ....dunno! :). best of luck...
Here is a screenshot of my flight log. The photo I am referring to is in the top log. If I click on the photo in the log I can view it, but can do nothing with it (save, print, transfer, etc). It does not show up on my sim card are any where else i can find. I’m sure the cloud in the upper right hand corner of the photo has something to do with this, but tapping the cloud to open or save does nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 11
Here is a screenshot of my flight log. The photo I am referring to is in the top log. If I click on the photo in the log I can view it, but can do nothing with it (save, print, transfer, etc). It does not show up on my sim card are any where else i can find. I’m sure the cloud in the upper right hand corner of the photo has something to do with this, but tapping the cloud to open or save does nothing.
That's just a thumbnail that gets pinned to the record of that single flight so you can associate the flight record with that particular deployment. It isn't a regular photograph or video.
The cloud symbol should be to upload that specific flight record TO the cloud.

makes sense to me, but if the flight log used an image i took, shouldn’t i be able to find that image elsewhere? I did use a SIM card i had formatted with my pc. I now know that is a nono.

Do you have the drone set to save to the internal memory, or a Micro SD card? And, is there a Micro SD inserted (if there isn't, it will default save to the onboard memory).

The drone saves photos on the aircraft. The DJI Fly app merely previews them, while connected to the aircraft.

If you save them locally in DJI Fly, you will be copying them to your controller device (iphone is what you said you're using). You will be able to see them in DJI Fly after the aircraft is disconnected. You may be able to find them in a folder on the device as well, I'm not familiar with iPhones.

As others have said, the easiest thing is to remove the Micro SD card and read it directly from your computer, using the supplied adapter and a card reader.
Thank you for the info. I believe i have my drone set to save on the micro sd card, but i will double check this.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13