DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I get an opinion.....

Boeingpilot

Reactions
Have been slowly getting to know and enjoy my MP. I am kind of concerned about the camera though, and haven't done enough video or photos to know if this has an issue or not.

I've notice quite a bit of moire patterning on videos. I tried recording at 4k, 2.7k and guess the next will be at 1080p.

Also I've noticed way too much color saturation in photos. I'm used to working with the gopro on my 3DR Iris and Solo, so could use some advice

Photo with over saturated color Dropbox - DJI_0022.JPG
Movies with moire patterning and noise
Dropbox - DJI_0009.MOV

Dropbox - DJI_0018.MOV

Any input greatly appreciated

Moire on regular patterns, or extra-crisp sampling in trees, will vary with the monitor, the video player and the shutter speed you're using.

You can set the saturation level in the camera settings. Most of us set it to -1 or even -2, then adjust to taste in post-processing of the video.

I have played with the saturation, appears to help (but disappointed that auto does such a bad job)

Same for video.

So if I'm reading you right, I should shoot video on manual? What is best shutter speed to reduce this. (Slower?)

Try reducing the sharpening in videos, and stay at 4k. I'm not sure how a slower shutter speed could reduce moire, but it can't hurt to try. The general rule for shutter speed in video is twice as fast as the framerate (e.g. 1/60 for 30fps), but you can go slower than that if you can tolerate the smear effects while panning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78