DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can somebody answer this part 107 test question for me?

Assuming it is runway 18. And we are following a non standard right turn pattern because the runway is on our right, the aircraft would be west of runway 18.
That completes the example you started. I think you will get those questions right from now on..

Reactions: sar104
Yea honestly if anything I actually respect pilots now and also what the FAA has created.

I'm on mobile right now and about to hit the hay, but isn't their a free online PDF from the FAA describing all of this as well. I have already watched Tony Northrups video and 3drs part 107 video, but there is still so much more I don't know.

Currently practicing on the remote pilot app that I bought for $5 after I heard good things, but I am getting a lot wrong still because it is new material.

Over the past 3 days I have learned A LOT, but there is still so much to cover.

Lastly, how long does it typically take to book a test? If I want to take it Monday when do you think I should call this week. Still a bit scared to schedule it, but I think I'll be ready..

When to book the test depends somewhat on how busy the test center is, which days they do tests etc. When I booked mine the next test day was available, and I was the only person there taking that test. Or any test for that matter. Not that I was there very long.

When to book the test depends somewhat on how busy the test center is, which days they do tests etc. When I booked mine the next test day was available, and I was the only person there taking that test. Or any test for that matter. Not that I was there very long.
How much did you study. Trying to gauge how long I should in order to pass. 16 hours seems like a good bit. I'd say I've studied for about 5 thus far and know significantly more than when I started.

The test has what, 60 questions? I need 43 correct answers?

How much did you study. Trying to gauge how long I should in order to pass. 16 hours seems like a good bit. I'd say I've studied for about 5 thus far and know significantly more than when I started.

The test has what, 60 questions? I need 43 correct answers?

I already knew a lot of the material, so I'm probably not a good comparison. I spent a week or so going over the specific material for the test and took the practice tests to make sure that I was ready to go.

Just a quick comment - if you live near an airport, find a CFI to chat with. If he/she is worth their salt, they will explain it to you. Bring him/her coffee and some doughnuts and you might get the info for free! ;-)
Good luck.

I already knew a lot of the material, so I'm probably not a good comparison. I spent a week or so going over the specific material for the test and took the practice tests to make sure that I was ready to go.
Real quick for you or anybody else who can answer this question... What does FM1500 time mean in a TAF report? FM12000 is the 12tg day of the month at midnight according to Tony Northrop, but he didn't explain FM1500

Edit: he said FM1500 is 3 o clock. That doesn't make sense though

Real quick for you or anybody else who can answer this question... What does FM1500 time mean in a TAF report? FM12000 is the 12tg day of the month at midnight according to Tony Northrop, but he didn't explain FM1500

Edit: he said FM1500 is 3 o clock. That doesn't make sense though

FM is the "from" group, and means that is an expected change in conditions starting at that time. FM1500 means "from 1500". 1500 is 3 pm.

FM is the "from" group, and means that is an expected change in conditions starting at that time. FM1500 means "from 1500". 1500 is 3 pm.
Wow I'm a rock. Idk why but I was subtracting by 5 and not 12. Legit have no idea why I was doing that on that number [emoji848]

Just a quick comment - if you live near an airport, find a CFI to chat with. If he/she is worth their salt, they will explain it to you. Bring him/her coffee and some doughnuts and you might get the info for free! ;-)
Good luck.
I was actually going to post a similar reply earlier today. Odds are pretty good that you live near a small airport. Your profile doesn't list your location, but stop by your local small airport, and just ask anyone hanging around if they are a pilot. There are always some hanging around my local field.

You’ll find them to be very friendly and willing to help you, and will break down any intimidation factor.

Reactions: ghalleck
FM means “from “and the time is UTC not your local time. UTC was called Zulu time years ago. I’m in PDT zone so UTC -7 hours = local time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga