DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can`t do gimbal calibration on Mavic 3

Therion

Reactions
Hello! I have crashed Mavic 3 with following problems:
-Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1d030001)
-IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data (Code: 16100009)
-IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data (Code: 1610001a)
I have read everything about solution this problem, using python scripts, but it is problem in missing com port during connection drone. DJI assistant is installed and drivers too, but in device manager i can see only list of libusb-win32 devices and internal memory of mavic. Com port don`t appears during launch dji assistant.
Maybe firmware of drone does not support com port connection? It is V01.00.0090

Attachments

• mavic2.jpg
    mavic2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 4
Looks like the gimble cable broke in crash, it’s common. Don’t know if that effects imu or not. Hope you enjoy using tools, can be fun fixing your own drone. But, as many have found it’s not always cheaper than having it fixed by pros.

I disassembled and carefully examined drone, all cables and connectors are good. And i think, that gimbal cable and connection in device manager is not related in any way..

I disassembled and carefully examined drone, all cables and connectors are good. And i think, that gimbal cable and connection in device manager is not related in any way..
I've replaced several broken gimble cables on crashed drones and none appeared damaged to the eye. The wires themselves are very thin and break internally, even from hard landings. DIY repairs do require a bit of guessing, often upping the cost. Less guessing required after gaining experience.

Reactions: davidarmenb
I've replaced several broken gimble cables on crashed drones and none appeared damaged to the eye. The wires themselves are very thin and break internally, even from hard landings. DIY repairs do require a bit of guessing, often upping the cost. Less guessing required after gaining experience.
I don’t argue that experience is important. Usually i am doing FPV kamikaze and bombers, but mavic is much more difficult. But the question is why com port connection is apsent. Even in other drone - fully functional Mavic 3E i see the same list of libusb devices..

Key phrase; Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1d030001)

Open a case with DJI even if you don't have the insurance. In my case, I bought a "suspect replacement Mavic 3 Drone in excellent condition) off of eBay for a really good price. When I received it, it had issues like no thermal paste on the chip and sensor problems and wouldn't even take off.. Not good.

I worked with DJI support. They looked up my codes and told me I needed to send it in for repair. Because it was less than a year since it had originally been activated by the previous owner, they literally sent me a new drone as a replacement. I'm still flying that one today (with fly away)

Even if they charge you something, they may actually be able to fix an issue no amount of tinkering will fix on your own. (even if you're good) Remember, they have access to new parts. So if you damaged some optical sensor, they just slap a new one on and you're golden.

They will also tell you up front how much it will cost to repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne