DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian Hey! First thing first...

ElectroBald

Reactions
I am a bit annoyed seeing people asking very basic or even advance questions from Canadian (I’m Canadian too). I read people saying that they went flying and crashed their expensive Drone within 48 hours of have received their drone in the mail, there is no way you read all policies and the whole Mavic 2 Manual which is a requirement in Canada. Guys, as soon as you pass you pilot license, you are a PILOT! take this seriously.

The first time I received my first drone, I refrained from trying to fly it before I exactly knew how to fly it (simulator), read all documentation on the Mavic 2 (manual, batteries, app manual, etc), policies, and regulation. I then compile all required documentation needed when you go fly. If you don’t, It’s like driving a car not knowing where the brake pedal is. The manual covers a lot if not everything you need to know about your machine.

I don’t know what are the regulation and policies in other countries, but in Canada as soon as you pass your license, you are a drone pilot, which comes with responsibilities and legal sanctions if the laws are not properly followed.

Why do I bring this up, because our government proactively change the laws base on the media, and as soon as there is a drone incident of accident, we are being looked at, and bills pass to reinforce the regulation, which at one point becomes almost impossible to fly anywhere.

If you are a new pilot, don’t assume you have the skills to fly because you passed you license and watched a couple YouTube videos on your phone, and review the electronic version of your manual as it changes as soon as DJI pushes and update

Reference;

Read again part 9 of the regulation;

Mavic 2 electronic Manual is now at version 2.0 with new features;

Don’t be the person who will penalize all of us by your actions.

My 2 cents

Well, they could have done what I did and download the manual while they were waiting for their shipment to arrive.

Obviously, the most likely time of a crash is when there is little flight experience or familiarity with the aircraft.

Yes, it is serious business. Now, are you doing your part to help these newbies along?

I hate reading manuals, especially if they are badly translated. So my first drone, I simply got it out of the box, went outside, started it, flew and

crashed, because I did exactly that, what i was not supposed to do

So I learned from that, got another, little more expensive drone, took it out of the box and, since now I knew how to fly, flew away.

and crashed it

So after paying about €500 (one total loss and one incl. repair costs) I did not dare to buy another drone.

Untill four weeks ago, I got a Mavic Air.
Waiting for the MA to be delivered, I read comments, wathced numerous videos about what people did to crash their drone and learned from that.

The MA came, I unpacked it and

didn't fly, untill I felt I knew enough of the basics. Then, I carefully started to fly, away from the trees, slowly moving up dwon, left right and now, after about 120 minutes effectiv flying, I dare to look into something "bigger".

Some people (like me) just need to pay to learn.

Reactions: Bobvt
I hate reading manuals, especially if they are badly translated. So my first drone, I simply got it out of the box, went outside, started it, flew and

crashed, because I did exactly that, what i was not supposed to do

So I learned from that, got another, little more expensive drone, took it out of the box and, since now I knew how to fly, flew away.

and crashed it

So after paying about €500 (one total loss and one incl. repair costs) I did not dare to buy another drone.

Untill four weeks ago, I got a Mavic Air.
Waiting for the MA to be delivered, I read comments, wathced numerous videos about what people did to crash their drone and learned from that.

The MA came, I unpacked it and

didn't fly, untill I felt I knew enough of the basics. Then, I carefully started to fly, away from the trees, slowly moving up dwon, left right and now, after about 120 minutes effectiv flying, I dare to look into something "bigger".

Some people (like me) just need to pay to learn.

Although your story is kinda funny in its way, I appreciate that you shared it, because sometime young pilot, and I’m not talking about age, take it for granted that it is way more stable than RC helicopter or other old UAV, but they are fast, and trees run after them:)

Well, they could have done what I did and download the manual while they were waiting for their shipment to arrive.

Obviously, the most likely time of a crash is when there is little flight experience or familiarity with the aircraft.

Yes, it is serious business. Now, are you doing your part to help these newbies along?

Usually when I see a drone flying around, I observe, and when he/she lands I take their spot...joke, If I saw any irregularity, I go see them and tell them what they might have done wrong, or even congratulate them if their skills and knowledge seem up to date. Having said that, I’m not policing and ask if they have their logbooks, registration and licence, especially if they flew their drone as per regulation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar