DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadians: when ordering from DJI, were you charged sales taxes?

Purchased Mavic Pro Fly More bundle from DJI for US$1314. Came to C$1624 with dollar at 1.25. Was delivered without any customs fees or taxes. So yeah, can confirm that DJI pays for the taxes and covers shipping. That's a savings of over C$400 from the cheapest in Canada.

I ordered Mavic from DJI direct. No tax, no shipping, no duty. Came relatively quickly - 5-7 days (can't remember). It was painless.

August 2017

Purchased Mavic Pro Fly More bundle from DJI for US$1314. Came to C$1624 with dollar at 1.25/.80025. Was delivered without any customs fees or taxes. So yeah, can confirm that DJI
August 2017

Purchased Mavic Pro Fly More bundle from DJI for US$1314. Came to C$1624 with dollar at 1.25/.80025. Was delivered without any customs fees or taxes. So yeah, can confirm that DJI pays for the taxes and covers shipping. That's a savings of over C$400 from the cheapest in Canada.

Ordered on Saturday and was delivered Wednesday afternoon to Ontario.

This is great news!
I ordered a Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More combo with DJI Care/Refresh plus prop guards, a sling bag and A pack of ND Filters from DJI California on Saturday. I paid $1585 USD for the whole shibang. I had heard there was going to be no additional charges other than conversion. Thanks all!

Did anyone from Canada get charged taxes? Nice to hear from those who didn't.

You will still have to pay the HST at Customs or when it's delivered. No escaping that evil!

The guy does not know what he is talking about. Ignore him. DJI's site clearly says that they pay the taxes and customs and to contact them if the courier is trying to collect. I purchased late in 2017. The item was shipped out of Atlanta and I was not charged taxes or customs.

You will still have to pay the HST at Customs or when it's delivered. No escaping that evil!
I did not pay a nickel for customs, brokerage fees, duties, shipping or taxes!
Ordered the Platinum Fly More, plus prop guards, ND Filters and aircraft sleeve and paid exactly what the website showed in US dollars. It arrived at my home in Nova Scotia just a few days later and required only a pen to receive it.

Reactions: lolo780
don't worry, no taxes, no duties, no problem! Quick delivery..... take note, that the delivery will require a signature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife