DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canceled my order and I feel better

I'm so glad I didn't cancel. I received my fly my combo. By far the best RC unit I have ever had. The picture quality is amazing. So easy to fly. Fits into my backpack for all my mountain biking trips. Never been so excited

I'm so tired of the people who feel 'wronged' by DJI. They gave you a product you obviously want, and are getting them out as fast as is possible.

Be patient.

Cosigned.

OP why did you start this thread? why not just cancel and move on with your life?

If I don't get mine by around the 20th or so, I will have to cancel, too. Whole point was to have the smaller drone for overseas travel (New Zealand in January) and not lugging my P3P plus my camera gear. Very disappointing ... I ordered in mid October.

I'm so glad I didn't cancel. I received my fly my combo. By far the best RC unit I have ever had. The picture quality is amazing. So easy to fly. Fits into my backpack for all my mountain biking trips. Never been so excited
That about sums it up @Vin829, it's not like the wait isn't worth it, people just have to learn to be a bit more patient. Sure DJI hasn't handled this as well as we'd like however, I don't believe anyone ever thought the response would be as great as it is. There was no doubt some production delays and we likely will never know the "true" cause, DJI doesn't owe us anything but a a great product, so far, it appears they've come through.

Well I for one totally disagree with that statement.... as they OWE me my product that I fully paid for 2 months ago...... yet I read that people can just walk into various stores and on-line places and get their drones.... And I sit hear IN LINE, and just wait as others cut in front of me!!!

DJI doesn't owe us anything but a a great product, so far, it appears they've come through.

Reactions: JohnK and Watty
I can truly understand the frustration. I have ZERO patience, waiting sucks. But to me, nothing feels better than finally getting what you wanted. I waited for my IPhone 6+, Apple Watch (series 1 was a monumental waiting game like the Mavic), iPhone 7+, and now the Mavic. The wait was killing me, just like everyone here (I'm pretty sure), I watched every video possible on YouTube on all the products listed above, and the excitement of finally getting them was very rewarding (got my Mavic last night).

From what I've seen, the wait for the Mavic is worth it. But I can truly understand everyone's frustration.

My Combo arrived on Monday and while I have only had an hour of flight time it has been an amazing Drone to handle .... from receiving the tiny package that the Drone + Bag + Fly more were all in I knew this was going to be something out of the ordinary and I was not disappointed ...

Well worth the two month wait .... all I can say to people still waiting is just hold out I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Well I for one totally disagree with that statement.... as they OWE me my product that I fully paid for 2 months ago...... yet I read that people can just walk into various stores and on-line places and get their drones.... And I sit hear IN LINE, and just wait as others cut in front of me!!!
You've been very active on this forum and all around you, countless members have canceled their orders with DJI and placed orders with Newegg, Apple etc and have received their Mavics long ago, some in as little as two weeks. No one likes paying for something then having to wait. You could've easily canceled your order and placed another order without having to pony up the $$$ up front, you chose to wait it out. Sure you can blame DJI, of course they mishandled this, but you have choices, unfortunately, you made the wrong choice, even after reading of all those that opted to go in a different direction.

I love you people the good and negative comments. It's just my opinion.

When DJI states that they are keeping your money and not giving you a drone, you can come in here and cry. I think most DJI preorders have been refunded and replaced with an authorization, anyway.

Reactions: CCDD
Personally I think its the best decision, I cancelled mine after continued DJI™ BS. I struggle to invest in a company that treats its customers so badly and will wait to see if they improve their service and invest more. Again in my opinion I think they'll have a Mavic 1a out early 2017 correcting a few weaknesses in the current model.

I've had a play with the new Mavic and although its a cute little product, with the release of the Phantom 4 Pro it really shows where DJI are investing the time. Size is a huge factor with Mavic but for every thing else P4P beats it.

Just my opinion!!

ps. sorry for the reiteration of the term 'my opinion' but the 'FANBOYS' will be on here..;) LOL see below for proof.... DJI could burn their xmas tree down and they'd still buy so we are all f'd.... fools.
just lol if you think they will release a newer version 3 months after.

After thinking about it for sometime. I decided to cancel my Mavic order and I feel better no more wondering when I am getting my Mavic. It was hard decision for me to make but waiting for DJI to get their act together has no place for me. I am going to put this whole new Mavic thing under the bed. I will maybe one day order a Mavic or just wait till the Mavic Pro 2 comes out. In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy flying my RC planes and helicopters.

I was feeling the same way and then went to the Apple Store last night to fiddle faddle the display model. Folded it up and took a prop off. It's insane! Couldn't cancel after that. Good thing. Got a message just now to come pick it up tomorrow, 3 weeks earlier then promised.

I've had the P1, P2, P4, and inspire1 and this has by far given me the most wood for a DJI product.

BlueSkies
Bill

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
just lol if you think they will release a newer version 3 months after.

Had many DJI products?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Watty
I order my mavic pro through apple.com on nov.17 and it was delivered by ups on nov.29

When I first ordered though the email originally said delivery day Jan.19-25

I wouldn't cancel , this thing is amazing. Stability . Control, portability..

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Purchased mine on Oct 3rd through DJI and had contemplated canceling. In fact, I was browsing these very forums when I came across a thread that stated DJI implemented a cancel button on their order site. I logged on immediately to cancel and low and behold it showed it had shipped! So glad I didn't cancel. Lol

My Combo arrived on Monday and while I have only had an hour of flight time it has been an amazing Drone to handle .... from receiving the tiny package that the Drone + Bag + Fly more were all in I knew this was going to be something out of the ordinary and I was not disappointed ...

Well worth the two month wait .... all I can say to people still waiting is just hold out I am sure you will not be disappointed.

What was your order date? (Oct 17 here)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom